Steve9347

White Sox Ace Poll  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who's our ace?

• Jose Contreras
    • Javier Vasquez
    • Mark Buehlre
    • Jon Garland

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 08:42 AM)
adding up the rest over the winter, with the impending free agency, and the new workout program that has been talked about, I am going to go with Mark Buehrle.

I would love that. If he can go back to his 3.50ish era ways, this team is going to look very good.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 09:38 AM)
Its going to be Garland, he gets better every year.

Not really, he's been consistently average since the 2002 season with the exception of '05 which was above his career norms.

The obvious answer is Jose Contreras since he has probably the second best stuff of any starter on the team and has had a season as the team's ace already. I gotta go with Vazquez though, all signs point to a break out year from him.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 08:42 AM)
adding up the rest over the winter, with the impending free agency, and the new workout program that has been talked about, I am going to go with Mark Buehrle.

No intelligence on my part, just a gut feel, I'm thinking 18-20 wins for Buerhle. Rock solid all season. I also like Garland to continue to take steps towards the upper echelon of starters.