Anna Nicole Smith dead

Steve9347

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 04:16 PM)
Edit on your post? It was a joke and it gets done all the time. Anna Nicole was an idiot who married a billionaire and told the world it was out of love, and now she just abandoned her newborn daughter because she was too selfish to get her life in gear. I couldn't care less if I belittle her life, because she could have done anything with everything she was given just based on her genetics, yet she was a waste...

OK. I didn't like it. My right. You did it. Your right. Move on.

Waste... what an ironic word.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all specualtion at this point. We probably won't know for a few days, if then. Sure, they might ( or probably will ) find drugs in her system, but that doesn't mean she OD'd.

What were the resutls of her son's autopsy? I heard had drugs in his system, but a heart condition might have been the cause of death. Is it possible there is hereditary condition? Again, all speculation.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 04:41 PM)
Do we have any idea if this was accidental/suicide or homicide. Two suspicious deaths in 5 months makes me start wondering, of course that is just the investigator in me talking.

That immediately came to my mind as well; but reasonably, would any assailant risk murdering Smith in the wake of heightened media attention?

Who knows, though. If the biological father could possibly inherit the money from her previous marriage with the millionaire, it would definitely establish a motive. Although, again, could anyone be that dumb? He'd be the first suspect.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 04:07 PM)
Pssh, I'll say it. It's a good thing for the kid she's gone. Sounds harsh, but I'm willing to bet that 30 years from now her kid is gonna look back at her crack-head mom and go 'Damn, I'm glad she didn't raise me.'

Seriously, did anyone watch/see clips of her show on E! It's not much of a surprise that her son was on drugs and OD'd.....

The kid will have a ton of money and a chance at a normal life.

I can't disagree.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 02:52 PM)
That immediately came to my mind as well; but reasonably, would any assailant risk murdering Smith in the wake of heightened media attention?

Who knows, though. If the biological father could possibly inherit the money from her previous marriage with the millionaire, it would definitely establish a motive. Although, again, could anyone be that dumb? He'd be the first suspect.

According to CNN, both a bodyguard and a nurse seemed to be present shortly after the onset of whatever issues killed her.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 02:35 PM)
What were the resutls of her son's autopsy? I heard had drugs in his system, but a heart condition might have been the cause of death. Is it possible there is hereditary condition? Again, all speculation.

From Wikipedia...

On September 16, 2006, Anna Nicole Smith announced that she had hired forensic pathologist Dr. Cyril Wecht to perform a second autopsy on Daniel. Dr. Wecht is noted for having conducted the investigation of the death of Elvis Presley.[16] Wecht concluded from the second autopsy that Daniel was on prescription medication for depression. He was told by the family that the anti-depression medication was due to matters that "had to do with a girlfriend." He agreed with the Bahamian coroner who performed the first autopsy that there was no evidence that Daniel died of a "suicidal overdose" or foul play. Wecht ruled out several potential natural causes such as heart disease or stroke.[17]

On September 27, Dr. Wecht announced on CNN's Larry King Live that Daniel died from a lethal combination of Zoloft, Lexapro and methadone that led to cardiac dysrhythmia. Although methadone is prescribed in place of other opioids for pain relief and is used in the treatment of heroin and morphine addiction, Wecht said he had no information to make any conclusion about why Daniel was using it.[18] Daniel's doctor in Los Angeles told Wecht that he was being "weaned off" Lexapro before he died.[4] Wecht later confirmed that Daniel also contained trace amounts of the antidepressant Amitriptyline along with over-the-counter cold medicines, but were of insignificant levels that played "no consequence" in his death.[19] On November 18, Wecht admitted that Anna Nicole Smith had failed to pay him for his work, though he did not expect to sue for compensation.[20]

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 04:07 PM)
Pssh, I'll say it. It's a good thing for the kid she's gone. Sounds harsh, but I'm willing to bet that 30 years from now her kid is gonna look back at her crack-head mom and go 'Damn, I'm glad she didn't raise me.'

Seriously, did anyone watch/see clips of her show on E! It's not much of a surprise that her son was on drugs and OD'd.....

The kid will have a ton of money and a chance at a normal life.

Lotta speculating there, so I'll do some of my own. She was 40 years old and her kid is a baby. It's at least possible that she might have starightened herself out and given her kid a healthy, loving home.

I've never really understood the public hate toward ANC and it seems to have always been around, not just lately. :huh

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 05:04 PM)
Lotta speculating there, so I'll do some of my own. She was 40 years old and her kid is a baby. It's at least possible that she might have starightened herself out and given her kid a healthy, loving home.

I've never really understood the public hate toward ANC and it seems to have always been around, not just lately. :huh

I know.

She just died today and people are forgetting what her initials were already.

:P

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 05:04 PM)

You're no fun. :P

I think people hate her cause she spoke without consequence. Even regarding her marriage. The son that was stopping her from getting the money never wavered from the fact that he believed she loved his father sincerely. But where's the fun in not s***ting on someone flamboyant and out there. :huh

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
last word winner! last word winner!

So much better than being the douchebag winner.. ;)

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 05:27 PM)
You're no fun. :P

I think people hate her cause she spoke without consequence. Even regarding her marriage. The son that was stopping her from getting the money never wavered from the fact that he believed she loved his father sincerely. But where's the fun in not s***ting on someone flamboyant and out there. :huh

I didn't hate her by any stretch, I just didn't want to see or hear her because I didn't think she had any entertainment value aside from taking her clothes off. Even at that, I didn't think she was extraordinary. Nice enough looking when younger and thinner, then kind of sloppy and ditzy when a little older and fatter, then odd-looking and ditzy when older and thinner again.

She simply wasn't interesting to me at all.

Her passing is still sad in a general sense for me, but I don't feel any particular sense of personal loss when any celebrity passes. I don't feel like I know any celebrities, so a general sadness for those they leave behind is all I really feel when I hear this type of story.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 05:35 PM)
I didn't hate her by any stretch, I just didn't want to see or hear her because I didn't think she had any entertainment value aside from taking her clothes off. Even at that, I didn't think she was extraordinary. Nice enough looking when younger and thinner, then kind of sloppy and ditzy when a little older and fatter, then odd-looking and ditzy when older and thinner again.

She simply wasn't interesting to me at all.

Her passing is still sad in a general sense for me, but I don't feel any particular sense of personal loss when any celebrity passes. I don't feel like I know any celebrities, so a general sadness for those they leave behind is all I really feel when I hear this type of story.

I didn't mean to imply that those that don't like her, hate her. Indifferent is what I would guess most feel.

Wow.. this is gross.

On Wednesday, a judge in Los Angeles had ordered Anna Nicole Smith to submit her daughter, Dannielynn, to DNA testing by February 21st, after she had failed to a court-ordered date to comply last month.

Smith has been in a protracted legal battle with photojournalist and former boyfriend, Larry Birkhead, who claims he is the true father of Anna's baby.

Smith's lawyer and "boyfriend" Howard K. Stern is listed on the birth certificate as the father.

After the news of Smith's death, an emergency hearing was scheduled to occur in Los Angeles on Friday regarding the paternity of Dannielynn.

Birkhead's attorney, Deborah Opri, wants to take a DNA swab from Smith's corpse, which her lawyer calls "the lowest form of behavior I've ever heard of."

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 05:52 PM)
I didn't mean to imply that those that don't like her, hate her. Indifferent is what I would guess most feel.

Wow.. this is gross.

On Wednesday, a judge in Los Angeles had ordered Anna Nicole Smith to submit her daughter, Dannielynn, to DNA testing by February 21st, after she had failed to a court-ordered date to comply last month.

Smith has been in a protracted legal battle with photojournalist and former boyfriend, Larry Birkhead, who claims he is the true father of Anna's baby.

Smith's lawyer and "boyfriend" Howard K. Stern is listed on the birth certificate as the father.

After the news of Smith's death, an emergency hearing was scheduled to occur in Los Angeles on Friday regarding the paternity of Dannielynn.

Birkhead's attorney, Deborah Opri, wants to take a DNA swab from Smith's corpse, which her lawyer calls "the lowest form of behavior I've ever heard of."

I'm torn about swabbing her corpse. It seems morbid and low-rent on the surface, but do they need a DNA sample from her in order to do the paternity test? If they need her DNA to do the test, there aren't many options on how to get it, I'd think.

I have no knowledge of how the paternity test works - I know my daughter is mine, and I don't watch Maury Povich.

:D

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 03:40 PM)
Taking your own life might be the most selfish thing anyone could ever do.

"A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die." - Kafka

I never understood why people think it's selfish. Have you (I'm talking to everyone here) ever been so unbearably depressed that you wanted to kill yourself? Talk to anyone that has, read all the literature about suicide out there. It's not a matter of selfishness.

I'm not defending Anna Nicole, but it's ridiculous for people to cast off something so serious as "selfish". Perhaps if people actually took time to figure out why somebody wanted to end their life, it'd happen less often. Calling somebody selfish is only adding fuel to the fire, it's only pushing them further away from where they want to be. If you ask me, it's selfish to judge those who only need acceptance.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 07:17 PM)

I never understood why people think it's selfish. Have you (I'm talking to everyone here) ever been so unbearably depressed that you wanted to kill yourself? Talk to anyone that has, read all the literature about suicide out there. It's not a matter of selfishness.

Perhaps if people actually took time to figure out why somebody wanted to end their life, it'd happen less often. Calling somebody selfish is only adding fuel to the fire, it's only pushing them further away from where they want to be. If you ask me, it's selfish to judge those who only need acceptance.

Knowing someone who committed suicide and watching their family have to deal with what they left behind... this is total bulls***.

Definitly an interesting interview replayed on CNN tonight. An interview with Anna Nicole Smith's mother saying that she knew 100%, no questions asked, that her grandson, Anna's son, Daniel never overdosed purposely, didn't kill himself, etc... She then proceeded to say that "Vicky Linn, if you don't watch out for the people you're with, you will be next."

I don't know why this story is interesting to me, but everything I'm seeing is making it more and more crazy.

I'm interested to see where this goes.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 07:17 PM)

I'm not defending Anna Nicole, but it's ridiculous for people to cast off something so serious as "selfish". Perhaps if people actually took time to figure out why somebody wanted to end their life, it'd happen less often. Calling somebody selfish is only adding fuel to the fire, it's only pushing them further away from where they want to be. If you ask me, it's selfish to judge those who only need acceptance.

Yeah I agree with Steff, it might not seem selfish because someone's just taking their own life, but the rest of the family has to deal with it wondering what they could've done to prevent it. It's just not a pretty situation, it's happened in my family before.