Something funny at USCF

Soxplosion

Everytime Ive been to USCF, or heck, any ballpark with a big upperdeck, its never sold out. The upper deck is usually completely empty at the top. Yet every single time, some people are always sitting in the very farthest corners of the upper deck. They could get so much closer, but they always sit up there. Is this a tradition or do people just get really weird when Im there? :huh:

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol and do tell how many times you have been to uscf lately????? any game which hasnt been sold out (sox/scrubs) i have never seen anyone sitting way up in the corners of the ud...........they usually huddle around cw's section if they are not tryin to sneak down to the lower bowl...........so you must be talking about another park........ :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
Its there every time Ive ever been there... :huh:

again i ask ... which is when???????? how many times you been there in the past few years roman??????never have i seen anyone sitting in the corners when its not the sox scrubs series or even the yanks sox series...... :huh: dont know which uscf your lookin at when you see these things but it aint the one here in chicago........ ;)

Everytime Ive been to USCF, or heck, any ballpark with a big upperdeck, its never sold out. The upper deck is usually completely empty at the top. Yet every single time, some people are always sitting in the very farthest corners of the upper deck. They could get so much closer, but they always sit up there. Is this a tradition or do people just get really weird when Im there? :huh:

They're probably having sex....... Anyone see the old video that circulated a few years ago of a girl pulling up her skirt and hopping her man's lap in the upper deck of some stadium??

Guest hotsoxchick1
HSC, he has a ponit, you do see it more often than you think. there are people who sit way up top for their own enjoyment.

not around here they dont........

again i ask ... which is when???????? how many times you been there in the past few years roman??????never have i seen anyone sitting in the corners when its not the sox scrubs series or even the yanks sox series...... :huh: dont know which uscf your lookin at when you see these things but it aint the one here in chicago........ ;)

HSC, with your great seats so low and close to the field, it is impossible for you to see all the way up where the minions sit. ;-)

Guest hotsoxchick1
HSC, with your great seats so low and close to the field, it is impossible for you to see all the way up where the minions sit.  ;-)

nope i have a good clear view of everything but whats directly behind me without standing up and turning around to look.........and belive me theres no one sittin in the ud corners of the park when im there..........

She's right in that if the UD is very empty the ushers won't let people sit out past a certian section. Now they won't stop you from going up high...

nope i have a good clear view of everything but whats directly behind me without standing up and turning around to look.........and belive me theres no one sittin in the ud corners of the park when im there..........

rare occasions someone goes in the corners, usually left field, but not so much anymore, the ushers either move them out or no one wants to do it much anymore

She's right in that if the UD is very empty the ushers won't let people sit out past a certian section.  Now they won't stop you from going up high...

There usually are a couple of people who sneak past the ushers and go sit in the farthest corners at the top for a couple of batters before they are moved out. Probably just to sit in the worst seat in the house.

Guest Ncorgbl
There usually are a couple of people who sneak past the ushers and go sit in the farthest corners at the top for a couple of batters before they are moved out. Probably just to sit in the worst seat in the house.

Not much, if at all since the new security practices took place.

When I was little me and my brother used to go up to the upper corner and look down.

It was quite an adventure, sweaty palms, and legs wiggling like jell-o as I peered over the ledge. Of course, this was back in the early 90's when there actually were people sitting in some of the outer reaches of the upperdeck anyway.

Roman is right though, I have seen people just sit up there. Usually younger fans, sitting up there laughing, half drunk it seems like. Of course most of the time, it is just a vast open waste-land up there.

I went there in 2002 for two games and they were up there and I used to go all the time when I lived in Chicago from 92-98. I dunno, but everytime I looked up there, someone was always there... :huh:

My Bulls seats at the old stadium were in the last row of the balcony. Great before standing room crowds. You could slide out the back of your seat and go get a beer. No climbing over anyone. When a good team was in town we could upgrade at the ticket office for a few bucks. Great fans all around us. One guy was the funniest guy ever.