Ken Rosenthal could teach this town's media a lesson or two...

whitesoxfan101

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6466010

(From his article "Offseason Winners and Losers")

A league of their own

Cubs: Hoo boy. Their total free-agent payout was $297.55 million — not including $10.5 million for new manager Lou Piniella — and they still can't identify their center fielder or promise a formidable rotation. The job security of GM Jim Hendry could hinge on free-agent left-hander Ted Lilly and righty Jason Marquis, two league-average pitchers who cost a combined $61 million. Imagine if the rotation collapses and the Cubs then fail to sign potential free-agent right-hander Carlos Zambrano. Hoo boy!

Now I'm not normally Cuck the Fubs esque, Cub hating obsessed. HOWEVER, this offseason of hearing how bad we are when we aren't, and how good the Cubs are when they aren't has made me a bit annoyed. I can't wait until Memorial Day and the Cubs boners around here see this common sense play itself out. Enjoy 4th or 5th place, kids.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 14, 2007 -> 02:31 PM)
On Sportsnight they said "the loveable losers no more" when describing the cubs.

Umm excuse me? When did they not finish in last place in 2006?

I had a moronic cub fan friend of mine tell me a few weeks back that I need to let go of the 2005 White Sox championship because it was in the past, and that sox fans are now obsessed with winning a championship years ago. I laughed at him, and then told him that I was at game 2, I remember the feel of the cold rain on my face, I remember what it felt like when Scotty Pods hit the walk off. I remember the feeling after the clincher in game four. I suggested that he obtain a ouiji board to contact someone who can say the same about the last cubs championship.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 14, 2007 -> 02:31 PM)
On Sportsnight they said "the loveable losers no more" when describing the cubs.

Umm excuse me? When did they not finish in last place in 2006?

last time I checked, they haven't won a game yet this year, so I don't know how they can claim they still aren't the loveable losers.