Joe Rogan vs. Carlos Mencia

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 14, 2007 -> 07:48 PM)
I've always liked Joe. He was really good on Newsradio, and the only decent thing about Fear Factor. It was on Fear Factor that you really got the idea that the guy was a no BS guy. He would quite often actually do the eating stuff himself.

Mencia seems like a twit.

Joe Rogan was outstanding on Newsradio, the second best character behind Phil Hartman oh how I miss that show. Atleast Rogan has made me laugh on occasion unlike Mencia.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 14, 2007 -> 09:55 PM)
Joe Rogan was outstanding on Newsradio, the second best character behind Phil Hartman oh how I miss that show. Atleast Rogan has made me laugh on occasion unlike Mencia.

I gotta go with Lovitz as the best character

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 14, 2007 -> 10:34 PM)
I liked Dave on Newsradio the most, but I was a Kids In The Hall fan first. I still want to see a sit-com based on his axe murderer character.

I'm not a big fan of men dressing up like women, I've just never found it funny and the Kids in the Hall did a whole lot of that. A lot of their other sketches were excellent but the amount of cross dressing was staggering. I guess that's why I never liked Monty Python.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 14, 2007 -> 10:39 PM)
I think I saw maybe 5 minutes of one episode.

The first episode of the 5th season is pretty good, it takes place at the radio station after Bill's funeral, outside of that though I had no interest in watching after Phil Hartman was killed.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 14, 2007 -> 10:42 PM)
I'm not a big fan of men dressing up like women, I've just never found it funny and the Kids in the Hall did a whole lot of that. A lot of their other sketches were excellent but the amount of cross dressing was staggering. I guess that's why I never liked Monty Python.

:o :o :o

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 01:10 AM)
"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Mencia."

That is almost a joke in and off itself, due to this being on something Joe Rogan aired...right? So...wouldn't it be property of Rogan? Unless since it looks like it happened in the middle of a Mencia stand-up it instantly becomes his? I would think the club would own the footage.

QUOTE(Tmar @ Feb 14, 2007 -> 10:34 PM)
I gotta go with Lovitz as the best character

Was your favorite episode of "Happy Days" when Fonzi jumped the shark? :D

Its a shame that Mencia has to rip off other material, but he should be better prepared when someone outs him like that if he steals so much material. He reverted to little kid excuses "I dont even know him", "I was doing that joke way before he was", and kept calling Rogan a b****. The end scene when Rogan was talking with all of the other comedians and Mencia and all of them were saying that they have seen him rip off material was pretty classic. And Rogan busts him out on being half German and Mencia pulls out a Green Card? What the heck was that, a prop for his show? Who has their green card ready to show like that? And George Lopez said he doesnt want other hispanic comedians to be successful? Whatever. I tried to ignore this upwelling of hate for Mencia, frankly because I never watched his show and didnt really care about him, but this is pretty eye opening. Rogan gets props for calling him out.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 08:52 AM)
I just watched the video on another site out of curiosity, it's too bad the video's such bad quality. However, it's nice to see Mencia ripped so bad.

I've never liked Mencia or his show, hopefully this kills his career a bit.

What site?