Scottie Pippen NBA Comeback...?

barnes

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2767861

Scottie Pippen is serious about making an NBA comeback.

Pippen, 41, hasn't played since February 2004, when a left knee injury forced him to retire. But he told reporters Thursday that he wants to return, hopefully to a contender that could make use of his experience in a playoff run.

He said he's in good shape, his knee is fine and he'd even be willing to sign a 10-day contract to prove what he can do.

"I'm not going to be a nonstop high-flyer like I was in my prime," Pippen said. "But I can still run. I can still dunk. But most of all, I know the game."

Pippen is in Las Vegas, where he will take part in the Shooting Stars contest during NBA All-Star weekend. Bulls guard Ben Gordon and Candice Dupree of the WNBA's Chicago Sky will be Pippen's teammates in the contest.

"I'm thinking of trying to come back for the playoffs," Pippen said. "Something like the last two months of the season, somewhere I can come back and play limited minutes to start, play point forward for someone and build toward the playoffs. It's something I've been thinking about for the last three months."

Pippen said he'd like to eventually become an NBA coach and would be willing to apprentice as an assistant as well.

''But I'd like to play first," he said. "I feel I still have a year and a half of basketball left in me if I'm put in the right situation. I'd even be willing to sign a 10-day contract. At least that would be a start. I just want a chance to show that I can still help a team.''

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 16, 2007 -> 01:04 PM)
Well thank you for the info, I stand corrected then. Just shocking to me he thinks he can still play.

Why is that shocking..

Basketball has been his life, and hes 41 not like late 40's

I see no reason why he shouldn't give it a shot, he has plenty of playoff experience he may be able to help someone in some way.

QUOTE(T R U @ Feb 16, 2007 -> 04:28 PM)
Why is that shocking..

Basketball has been his life, and hes 41 not like late 40's

I see no reason why he shouldn't give it a shot, he has plenty of playoff experience he may be able to help someone in some way.

Too true, the guy could always do 2 things incredibly well, set up the offense at the point and play defense. I highly doubt his abilities have diminished to the point where he can no longer dibble a ball down the court and set up an offense and he's just a naturally skilled defender so I'm sure he'll make it with someone if he's really serious about this.