Summer Movies 2007

matt

There are quite a few movies I'm looking forward to this summer. Here's a list of what are considered the big releases of the summer:

May 4th: Spider-Man 3 - Starring Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, Thomas Haden Church, and Topher Grace

May 18th: Shrek The Third - Starring Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy, Cameron Diaz, Antonio Banderas, Rupert Everett, Julie Andrews, John Cleese, and Justin Timberlake

May 25th: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - Starring Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightly, Geoffrey Rush, Bill Nighy, and Yun-Fat Chow

June 1st: Knocked Up - Starring Seth Rogen, Katherine Heigl, Paul Rudd, and Leslie Mann

June 8th: Ocean's Thirteen - Starring George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Ellen Barkin, Al Pacino, Don Cheadle, and Andy Garcia

June 15th: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - Starring Jessica Alba, Michael Chiklis, Ioan Gruffudd, Chris Evans, and Doug Jones

June 22nd: Evan Almighty - Starring Steve Carell, Morgan Freeman, John Goodman, and Wanda Sykes

June 29th: Live Free or Die Hard - Starring Bruce Willis, Timothy Olyphant, Maggie Q., Justin Long, Jeffrey Wright, and Mary Elizabeth Winstead

June 29th: Ratatouille - Starring Patton Oswalt, Brad Garrett, Janeane Garofalo, Brian Dennehy, and Ian Holm

July 4th: Transformers - Starring Shia LeBeouf, Josh Duhamel, Jon Voight, John Turturro, and Tyrese Gibson

July 13th: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Starring Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Gary Oldman, Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes, Michael Gambon, Robbie Coltrane, Brendan Gleeson, Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, Imelda Staunton, and Jason Isaacs

July 27th: The Simpsons Movie - Starring Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardly Smith, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer, Minne Driver, Kelsey Grammar, Albert Brooks, and Joe Montegna

August 3rd: The Bourne Ultimatum - Starring Matt Damon, Paddy Considine, Edgar Ramirez, David Strathairn, Joan Allen, and Julia Stiles

So what do you all think? Anything in particular you are looking forward to?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(soxsr08 @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 12:17 AM)
June 8th: Ocean's Thirteen - Starring George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Ellen Barkin, Al Pacino, Don Cheadle, and Andy Garcia

June 29th: Ratatouille - Starring Patton Oswalt, Brad Garrett, Janeane Garofalo, Brian Dennehy, and Ian Holm

July 27th: The Simpsons Movie - Starring Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardly Smith, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer, Minne Driver, Kelsey Grammar, Albert Brooks, and Joe Montegna

August 3rd: The Bourne Ultimatum - Starring Matt Damon, Paddy Considine, Edgar Ramirez, David Strathairn, Joan Allen, and Julia Stiles

So what do you all think? Anything in particular you are looking forward to?

:wub:

Ocean's 13 better not suck like 12 did though. The wait for the Bourne Ultimatum is killing me. It seems like this movie has been in production forever. I also hear Transformers could be badass though I'm not all too familar with the franchise.

IMDB really needs to remove the new format from their website. The lack of borders around the various items doesn't work well with my brain.

Far as these particular movies, none of them excite me. I've conditioned myself to avoid the relase of films catoring to a teenage audience.

Here are the films I'm looking forward to:

March 9th -- The Host

May 11th -- 28 Weeks Later

That's it. All I really know about, as of now.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 07:31 PM)
I just laugh when I see ads for the Simpsons movie. I can't bare to watch a free 20 minute episode why the hell would I pay to see a 90 minute episode? They should have made it 10 years ago like they talked about originally.

I thought I heard that it was actually written a long time ago? If so, it actually may be good.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 07:27 PM)
I thought I heard that it was actually written a long time ago? If so, it actually may be good.

From what I've seen of the trailers and written previews thus far it sounds like recent Simpsons humor to me. We can only hope though, if it was written in the 90's it should be pretty good. I'm not holding my breath though.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 08:20 PM)
The first Fantastic 4 was literally the worst movie I had ever seen.

I want to see the Silver Surfer. For me the first Fantastic 4 ranks behind all the X-Men and Spiderman movies, also the Punisher, I haven't seen all the Blade movies so I wouldn't know about them. I really want to see Ghostrider though.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 07:56 PM)
From what I've seen of the trailers and written previews thus far it sounds like recent Simpsons humor to me. We can only hope though, if it was written in the 90's it should be pretty good. I'm not holding my breath though.

What, you didn't think Homer attached to a wrecking ball and bouncing between a large rock and a bar named "Hard Place" was funny?!

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 08:27 PM)
What, you didn't think Homer attached to a wrecking ball and bouncing between a large rock and a bar named "Hard Place" was funny?!

That and another one with homer spanking a pig in his bedroom or some s***, I only saw a small portion, anymore and I could have had permanent brain damage.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
Both the last Bourne and Pirates were terrible, im not sure these will be much better.

I liked em. :huh

Bourne Identity bored the crap out of my but Supremacy was top notch IMO.

Summer is all about Spider-Man 3 for me. Opens on my birthday weekend.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 09:32 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL50ddCSJmo -- New Simpsons movie trailer.

LOL, the wolves that homer whipped turned against him.

BART'S NAKED!!!

I feel sorry for anyone who is going to spend $12 watching that movie in theatres. Hopefully my sister will buy it when it comes out so I can see just how bad it is.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)
The first Fantastic 4 was literally the worst movie I had ever seen.

Yeah, it was really bad. The never officially released Oley Sassone Fantastic Four flick from 1994 was better than the 2005 version, and the 1994 version was a low budget crapfest that was never even supposed to be released.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim