Summer Movies 2007

matt

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 11:46 PM)
Yeah, it was really bad. The never officially released Oley Sassone Fantastic Four flick from 1994 was better than the 2005 version, and the 1994 version was a low budget crapfest that was never even supposed to be released.

My brother has a copy of that movie on VHS, or at least he did a while back. Yeah, that was once massive pile of crap.

I'll probably be going to see Bourne and Pirates. I like the story that the books for Bourne took a lot better, but the movies were still entertaining. As for the Simpsons movie, maybe I'll rent the DVD. I've seen one good, new episode in the past 5 or 6 years so I don't expect anything different from the movie.

Edited by StrangeSox

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May is sick!! Spiderman 3, Shrek 3, and Pirates 3! You have three of the highest grossing movie franchises opening within weeks of each other

Other than that Me, Mrs Ribbie and The Boy are ready to camp out now for the Simpson's Movie!!!

And for those who say The Simpsons isn't funny anymore...we say: :P

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 06:53 PM)
IMDB really needs to remove the new format from their website. The lack of borders around the various items doesn't work well with my brain.

Far as these particular movies, none of them excite me. I've conditioned myself to avoid the relase of films catoring to a teenage audience.

Here are the films I'm looking forward to:

March 9th -- The Host

May 11th -- 28 Weeks Later

That's it. All I really know about, as of now.

Is 28 weeks later the sequal to 28 days later because i really liked that movie.

Also, wheres the Will Ferrell Ice skating movie

QUOTE(soxsr08 @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 06:17 PM)
May 18th: Shrek The Third - Starring Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy, Cameron Diaz, Antonio Banderas, Rupert Everett, Julie Andrews, John Cleese, and Justin Timberlake

June 22nd: Evan Almighty - Starring Steve Carell, Morgan Freeman, John Goodman, and Wanda Sykes

These look like they might be interesting but I'm afraid they won't be quite as good as the originals. The Number 23 looks interesting. Quite a different role for Jim Carey.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 10:37 AM)
Wow, you're honestly one of the first person I've seen/heard who didn't like Sin City. I loved that movie...

I also don't know of many who didn't like Hellboy.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 10:51 AM)
Is 28 weeks later the sequal to 28 days later because i really liked that movie.

Yes.

I'll all excited about Spider-Man 3, The Host, Pirates 3 (c'mon, ya got Nighy, Barbosa back, and Chow Yun Fat!?! They just need to turn a camera on and the movie will be friggin' great) and Fantastic 4 (sorry, I enjoyed the first and my son loved it, it will be fun I am sure).

I didn't know there was a new Borne movie. That should be cool

For all of the slams on the Simpsons movie (which I agree looks bad), I am surprised nobody is placing Shrek 3 right there with it. The trailers I have seen look terrible. I thought the amount of Pop-culture b.s. in the second one were bad, this one looks 3 times as bad.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 11:01 AM)
These look like they might be interesting but I'm afraid they won't be quite as good as the originals. The Number 23 looks interesting. Quite a different role for Jim Carey.

Evan Almighty is getting rave reviews already.

I also have to add Hot Fuzz to my list of MUST SEE movies.

Oh yeah, and 1408 looks friggin' amazing! Advanced word on that one is also VERY high.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 11:28 AM)
Oh yeah, and 1408 looks friggin' amazing! Advanced word on that one is also VERY high.

:o I forgot that they were making that into a movie. It's based on a short story written by Stephen King.

The story appears in the audiobook "Blood and Smoke" and also in the collection of short stories called "Everything's Eventual". Get the audiobook. It's great fun listening to King read the story.

Two interesting notes mentioned in the story are that the room is on the 14th floor, which in reality is the 13th floor. Also, add up the numbers 1408. ;)

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 10:37 AM)
Wow, you're honestly one of the first person I've seen/heard who didn't like Sin City. I loved that movie...

I absolutely love both Hellboy and Sin city. I think Ron Perlman was born to play Hellboy, his snide sense of humor is perfect. Im really looking forward to the sequel, I love Guillermo Del Toro movies

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 02:26 PM)
I wasn't a fan of Sin City either, but most people did love it.

Count me in the group that didn't care for Sin City. I actually fell asleep both times I tried to wach it. Hellboy I liked though.

I'm most looking forward to 300 (though that's coming out like Friday), Bourne, Pirates, and anything with Steve Carroll. Evan Almighty looks hilarious.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 03:52 PM)
Count me in the group that didn't care for Sin City. I actually fell asleep both times I tried to wach it. Hellboy I liked though.

I'm most looking forward to 300 (though that's coming out like Friday), Bourne, Pirates, and anything with Steve Carroll. Evan Almighty looks hilarious.

I still just about stop breathing from laughing so hard everytime I see the scene in Bruce Almighty where Carrell cannot control what is coming out of his mouth, tears streaming down my face and everything. That is one funny scene

Has anybody ever actually noticed the amount of famous and well- respected actors (Gary Oldman, Helena Bonham Carter, Michael Gambon, Maggie Smith, Alan Rickman, Ralph Fiennes) that are in the Harry Potter films? I swear I never did until I started writing down all their names when I started the thread. You don't really seem to notice when you see them all on screen and in character.

Edited by soxsr08

QUOTE(soxsr08 @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 05:15 PM)
Has anybody ever actually noticed the amount of famous and well- respected actors (Gary Oldman, Helena Bonham Carter, Michael Gambon, Maggie Smith, Alan Rickman, Ralph Fiennes) that are in the Harry Potter films? I swear I never did until I started writing down all their names when I started the thread. You don't really seem to notice when you see them all on screen and in character.

It's only appropriate that I don't recognize any of these names. :D

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 06:06 PM)
It's only appropriate that I don't recognize any of these names. :D

That's funny! You should search their names on IMDb. I'm almost positive that you have at least seen Gary Oldman, Maggie Smith, and Helena Bonham Carter in a film. Probably Alan Rickman aswell, unless you don't really see too many films.

QUOTE(soxsr08 @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 10:18 PM)
That's funny! You should search their names on IMDb. I'm almost positive that you have at least seen Gary Oldman, Maggie Smith, and Helena Bonham Carter in a film. Probably Alan Rickman aswell, unless you don't really see too many films.

I didn't recognize a single name either. After looking them up though...

Gary Oldman - I've seen one or two movies he's been in but I don't remeber the character. I notice he did some voicework for a few video games I've played.

Maggie Smith - I recognize from Sister Act 2 and Hook.

Helena Bonham Carter - Nothing

Alan Rickman - Remember him from Dogma and Galaxy Quest but didn't know his name.

Michael Gambon - Nothing

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 11:32 AM)
I didn't recognize a single name either. After looking them up though...

Gary Oldman - I've seen one or two movies he's been in but I don't remeber the character. I notice he did some voicework for a few video games I've played.

Maggie Smith - I recognize from Sister Act 2 and Hook.

Helena Bonham Carter - Nothing

Alan Rickman - Remember him from Dogma and Galaxy Quest but didn't know his name.

Michael Gambon - Nothing

Oldman is a bit of a chameleon. He changes his looks for every role. You've never seen Batman Begins? He's Cheif (not yet Chief) Gordon. He also was Dracula in Coppola's Dracula.

Bonham Carter you might know as the female lead in Fight Club. She's also Mrs. Tim Burton now.

Rickman was the main terrorist in Die Hard.