Will spring training game be on mlb.tv

Jimbo's Drinker

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm buying the premium package this season - it sounds pretty cool and I hope to god they have truly worked out the kinks with Macs. Plus it allows you to watch other games simultaneously. Over 150 spring training games will be shown, so you can bet many of them will be Sox games.

linky

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 08:42 PM)
Wow - MLB TV Premium looks much improved since I first bought it two years ago, and with the Extra Innings pass not available to me, it makes too much sense.

Good stuff.

I bought my MLB.tv Permium account yesterday and it's incredible. I've already gone back and watched a few of Andy Sisco's outings from 2005 and a few of Masset and Aardsma's from '06. I also fell asleep watching some random Marlins/Dodger game last night. Mosaic looks ridiculously cool, can't wait until April 2nd so I can download that too.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 09:47 PM)
I bought my MLB.tv Permium account yesterday and it's incredible. I've already gone back and watched a few of Andy Sisco's outings from 2005 and a few of Masset and Aardsma's from '06. I also fell asleep watching some random Marlins/Dodger game last night. Mosaic looks ridiculously cool, can't wait until April 2nd so I can download that too.

Kalapse,

How is the video quality on premium?

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 07:44 AM)
Kalapse,

How is the video quality on premium?

Since there's nothing for 2007 yet all the video for '05 and '06 is still in 350K. So it's not bad on my laptop screen but pretty damn good on my tv. The 700K demo looks awesome though, it's basically television quality.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 10:38 AM)
Since there's nothing for 2007 yet all the video for '05 and '06 is still in 350K. So it's not bad on my laptop screen but pretty damn good on my tv. The 700K demo looks awesome though, it's basically television quality.

Sweet.

So they still have the 05 games available?

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 11:15 AM)
How do you connect the computer to the TV? Is there another way to do it besides using the Slingbox?

S-Video. You can get a 12 foot cord for around 20 bucks. There's also wireless connectors that you can use but most of them will run you upwards of $120.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 01:07 PM)
S-Video. You can get a 12 foot cord for around 20 bucks. There's also wireless connectors that you can use but most of them will run you upwards of $120.

How will the quality translate? I plan on getting the mlb.tv premium package, so all I will need to do is get a S-video hookup from my laptop and hook it to the TV? Will I need any software?

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 04:33 PM)
How will the quality translate? I plan on getting the mlb.tv premium package, so all I will need to do is get a S-video hookup from my laptop and hook it to the TV? Will I need any software?

I plugged it right into my tv with an s-video cable. Looked great. No software.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 04:44 PM)
I plugged it right into my tv with an s-video cable. Looked great. No software.

There you go. There is no additional software or hardware as long as your computer has an S-Video input which it likely does. Just plug the cord into both the tv and computer then you'll either have to go into your advanced video settings and change the display or just send you computer into standby mode and it will do it for you.

The quality is outstanding.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 08:54 PM)
There you go. There is no additional software or hardware as long as your computer has an S-Video output which it likely does. Just plug the cord into both the tv and computer then you'll either have to go into your advanced video settings and change the display or just send you computer into standby mode and it will do it for you.

The quality is outstanding.

fixed.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 03:00 PM)
Riddle me this: If you buy MLB.tv premium, can you use the regular MLB.tv stream if the connection somewhere is too slow?

Not with any kind of consistent picture quality.

Also according to ESPN.com the first White Sox Spring Training game on February 28th will be aired on MLB.tv which is outstanding news.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 04:07 PM)
Not with any kind of consistent picture quality.

Also according to ESPN.com the first White Sox Spring Training game on February 28th will be aired on MLB.tv which is outstanding news.

Do you mean that the regular MLB.tv picture is inconsistent, or that 'downshifting' hurts the picture?

I know the regular MLB.tv quality isn't perfect, but in one of the two places I'll watch, it's probably the best I can expect to stream.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 04:02 PM)
Do you mean that the regular MLB.tv picture is inconsistent, or that 'downshifting' hurts the picture?

I know the regular MLB.tv quality isn't perfect, but in one of the two places I'll watch, it's probably the best I can expect to stream.

Right now the only video available to watch is streaming at either 350K or 400K, when my internet connection is running strong and fast the picture looks pretty damn good with no buffering and a consistently good picture. When my connection slows or I'm on a slow network connection I get a lot of buffering and the picture tends to pixelate a bit. I don't know about the 700K yet because there really isn't any video that's streaming at that rate right now but if you're planning on watching the regular MLB.tv stream of 350K on a slow connection your likely going to run into a good amount of buffering and pixelation but still a watchable picture.