Will spring training game be on mlb.tv

Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 05:07 PM)
Right now the only video available to watch is streaming at either 350K or 400K, when my internet connection is running strong and fast the picture looks pretty damn good with no buffering and a consistently good picture. When my connection slows or I'm on a slow network connection I get a lot of buffering and the picture tends to pixelate a bit. I don't know about the 700K yet because there really isn't any video that's streaming at that rate right now but if you're planning on watching the regular MLB.tv stream of 350K on a slow connection your likely going to run into a good amount of buffering and pixelation but still a watchable picture.

Okay, great. Why I'm asking is that I know the 350k stream works pretty well (at least, if that's the same speed as last year -- I got it for the last month of 2006, and it's a little fuzzy when I put it on the tv, but good enough for my purposes). I'm worried that 700k might give me a lot of buffering on my home connection, which would annoy the hell out of me. But if I can choose to just go with the 350k/400k connection there, no problem. Thanks a lot for the info.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 04:13 PM)
Okay, great. Why I'm asking is that I know the 350k stream works pretty well (at least, if that's the same speed as last year -- I got it for the last month of 2006, and it's a little fuzzy when I put it on the tv, but good enough for my purposes). I'm worried that 700k might give me a lot of buffering on my home connection, which would annoy the hell out of me. But if I can choose to just go with the 350k/400k connection there, no problem. Thanks a lot for the info.

Yeah, if you're running a slow connection at your house and trying to stream the 700K feel you're probably going to run into major problems especially with the buffering. The normal 400K (which I believe is what they'll be streaming at this season) should be work for you just fine though.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 02:32 PM)
Kalapse

Do they still have the 2005 season game highlights available for each game?

Right now I can still view the little highlight clips from 2006 (w/o mlb.tv) and was wondering if those type of highlights were available for 2005?

Yes all top highlights, condensed games ant top highlights are available for all 2005 games.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 09:15 AM)
How do you connect the computer to the TV? Is there another way to do it besides using the Slingbox?

If your tv has the right hookup and the laptop has a monitor out section thats about all you have to do (or computer). So its just a matter of finding out what hookup you have in the back of the tv.

Tried the S-video this past weekend. TV and Laptop both had the S-Video hook up, my DVR was already plugged into my TV using S-Video. I simply unplugged it from the back of the DVR and into the laptop. Watched a few episodes of Entourage in Windows Media Player and it was great quality.

Anyone know how I can run the sound from the laptop through the TV as well?

Also for those who are worried about the speed on the premium package for MLB.tv, there is a bandwidth test you can perform on your connection and it will recommend the best package for you. I think you only need 700K of bandwidth for the premium and mine checked out at like 2500 K or something so I'm thinking I should be golden.

If you want to check your bandwidth, go here http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/mlbtv.jsp and then under the product demo on the screen click on the link that says check your bandwidth.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 26, 2007 -> 05:56 AM)
Tried the S-video this past weekend. TV and Laptop both had the S-Video hook up, my DVR was already plugged into my TV using S-Video. I simply unplugged it from the back of the DVR and into the laptop. Watched a few episodes of Entourage in Windows Media Player and it was great quality.

Anyone know how I can run the sound from the laptop through the TV as well?

Also for those who are worried about the speed on the premium package for MLB.tv, there is a bandwidth test you can perform on your connection and it will recommend the best package for you. I think you only need 700K of bandwidth for the premium and mine checked out at like 2500 K or something so I'm thinking I should be golden.

If you want to check your bandwidth, go here http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/mlbtv.jsp and then under the product demo on the screen click on the link that says check your bandwidth.

Normally your laptop will only have a 3.5mm Stereo jack used for headphones. You should be able to just buy a cheap adapter that converts that to RCA audio (the red and white jacks on the tv). Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009JFF7K/

On a desktop you may have output ports on your sound card or motherboard that can plug directly into a TV, but you would have to know what ports are back there.

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Feb 26, 2007 -> 06:14 AM)
Normally your laptop will only have a 3.5mm Stereo jack used for headphones. You should be able to just buy a cheap adapter that converts that to RCA audio (the red and white jacks on the tv). Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009JFF7K/

On a desktop you may have output ports on your sound card or motherboard that can plug directly into a TV, but you would have to know what ports are back there.

Thanks for the info, looks like I'll do the first option. Should be rather easy.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 07:18 PM)
Does anyone know if Spring Training games are archieved? FSU is playing the Phillies tomorrow and we're trying to find out if it will be arc'd or not.

Yes, all games that air on MLB.tv are archived. You can go back and watch Spring Training games from '05 if you'd like. The only problem you'll run into is if the game isn't being played on mlb.tv.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 08:14 PM)
Kalapse, give me your MLB.tv login. I demand it, or risk banning. :)

Pfft. I demand monetary compensation b****. You don't have the balls to ban me.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 09:44 AM)
FWIW, I don't think today's game is on MLB.tv. Tomorrow's game looks to be on mlb.tv but today is just gameday audio of the score.

Good call, ESPN.com had it as an MLB.tv game but according to MLB.com it looks like only the Tigers/Mets and Twins/Red Sox games will be on MLB.tv today.