Van Halen Reunion Kaput Already?

The Critic

courtesy of pollstar.com:

Van Halen On Hold

Updated 12:38 PST Tue, Feb 20 2007

It's true. The Van Halen tour that was never officially announced is now officially postponed indefinitely, sources told Pollstar.

The rumored tour took on an air of reality after a trade magazine announced that original singer David Lee Roth was about to sign on the dotted line, and that was soon followed by a press release via Eddie Van Halen’s spokeswoman-slash-girlfriend.

Unfortunately, the worldwide frenzy of a VH reunion was too good to be true, at least for the present day.

However, there was a lot of paper getting inked and Pollstar understands that a tour announcement might not have been far off.

I wonder if this is a bump in the road or a dive over the cliff?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 05:14 PM)
Musically I don't care but it is a great party when they hit the stage and this is my favorite VH lineup. Much better than Van Haggar

Dave + Eddie + Alex + 15-year-old Wolfgang Van Halen on bass

is your favorite VH lineup?

Mine would be

Dave + Eddie + Alex + Michael Anthony

...but maybe that's just me...

:P :)

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 05:54 PM)
Dave + Eddie + Alex + 15-year-old Wolfgang Van Halen on bass

is your favorite VH lineup?

Mine would be

Dave + Eddie + Alex + Michael Anthony

...but maybe that's just me...

:P :)

bass? who cares?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 10:10 PM)
I don't think anybody gives a crap if Anthony plays bass, they just want his girly backing vocals on the stuff.

They also want to see him down a couple of fifths of Jack Daniels onstage during the show.

And of course, the masses are also clamoring for one of those trademark suspended-over-the-audience kickass Michael Anthony bass solos. ;)

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 09:32 AM)
I am sick of them bringing up this rumor every few years. With egos the size of Roth, Hagar and Mr. Valerie Bertonelli, it's amazing anything ever got done.

True, but when you're an old rocker losing his hair and flailing to keep in the limelight, all you have left to feed your ego is classic rock radio and alcohol.

That's why they need each other.

*nerd alert!*

Kind of like hotshot college student Ronald Raymond has to get along with Professor Martin Stein in order to become Firestorm.