Ceiling fans and industrial carpet

Middle Buffalo

Need a little help. I'm part owner of an apartment complex, and we pay utilities. I want to convert the ceiling fans from 3 or 4 bulbs to one bulb. I've done it before, but I can't find the caps to make this conversion anywhere (Home Depot, lighting stores,etc). Anyone know where to find these?

Also, I want to find industrial carpet at a price cheaper than $0.53/sq ft that HD has. Any ideas? This is the type of stuff that should be easy to find on the net. Unfortunately, you have to sift through 10,000 web sites that are not useful before finding what you want.

Help. The money I save will be invested in Sox gear and 30 packs of Bud Light.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 12:38 PM)
Need a little help. I'm part owner of an apartment complex, and we pay utilities. I want to convert the ceiling fans from 3 or 4 bulbs to one bulb. I've done it before, but I can't find the caps to make this conversion anywhere (Home Depot, lighting stores,etc). Anyone know where to find these?

Also, I want to find industrial carpet at a price cheaper than $0.53/sq ft that HD has. Any ideas? This is the type of stuff that should be easy to find on the net. Unfortunately, you have to sift through 10,000 web sites that are not useful before finding what you want.

Help. The money I save will be invested in Sox gear and 30 packs of Bud Light.

Rather than convert them from 3-4 bulbs to one, why not just spend a few extra bucks on long lasting bulbs (halogen, I think?) that are more energy efficient. It would be expensive at first, but save on energy and they last several years. Just a thought?

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 05:35 PM)
Rather than convert them from 3-4 bulbs to one, why not just spend a few extra bucks on long lasting bulbs (halogen, I think?) that are more energy efficient. It would be expensive at first, but save on energy and they last several years. Just a thought?

I've done that already, but I figure I can save even more if I convert the light fixtures from three to one as well. It's 118 units, so the savings should be pretty significant.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 06:35 PM)

Compact fluorescent bulbs. I forget the numbers, but they last longer and cost much less to operate than regular bulbs.

QUOTE(shoota @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 10:09 PM)
Compact fluorescent bulbs. I forget the numbers, but they last longer and cost much less to operate than regular bulbs.

If the ceiling fans are turned off and on alot, these might not be the best investment. The extra 'life' is for continuous use. The surge from turning on takes a bigger toll on the bulbs, and the more on cycles the bulb goes thru, the faster it will burn out. PLus if the unit has older wiring and/or circuit breakers, the power to the bulb might not be as 'smooth' as you might like for a longer life. Good luck.