MLB 2K7

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got it for the ps3, and I am a big fan of it. The graphics are amazing. And they have the guy who made MVP into one of the greatest games ever doing the same to mlb 2k7. My only problem with it really is the hitting and the throwing while fielding. I really wish they would imply the same technology they used in MVP NCAA with the right analog stick into 2k7. MVP's hitting is by far the best of any baseball game. With the ps3 you hit with the sixaxis controller, but it has a few kinks that need to be worked out. I give the game a 7 out of 10, much better then last years, but yet so far away from MVP's greatness.

the gameplay is very satisfying. You'll have a ton of fun playing the actual games, but as usual 2k seems to not polish a real good game.

I tried a fantasy draft and maybe have the best infield ever. (Mauer, howard, cano, reyes, wright), along with crawford and soriano in the outfield.

The roster AI seems terrible.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 10:54 PM)
The gameplay is awesome. I am getting better with every game I play, and having alot of fun. However, while the franchise layout is nice, it really is awful. The trade system is terrible, Jose Reyes is playing for the AAA Mets club, and the contract negotiations are garbage.

Oh, and Jenks is complaining about his contract, yet, you can only offer extensions to guys with 1 year left on the deal...

As you know I agree with all of this. During my Franchise every player who had a year left on their contract took a massive paycut to play for "an aggressive manager like Ozzie Guillen." I just signed Buehlre to a 5 year $25M deal and Crede to a 4 yearr $18M deal, ridiculous. And not just that, there's basically no negotiations at all on this game, the player tells you how much they want and for how long and won't accept anything but that. I tried to sign Preston Wilson as a free agent and he wanted a reasonable $2M but he also demanded a 7 year deal, what the f*** is that?

It's a fun game, but I have a few glitches. I have stolen a few bases, yet the next batter will come up and the guy will be back on 1st base. Then say Carl Crawford is the last out of an inning, he will sometimes come back up the next inning and be the leadoff hitter, I look at the stats and they will give the at-bat to some obscure player on my bench.

As for the fielding, I'm pretty irritated with the speed boost thing. I will use it to get to a fly ball, but if I run past the spot even a little, it's almost impossible to get him to turn around, he will just stand there facing the wall and the ball will land 2 feet in front of him and the other OF will have to come pick it up. And for the life of me I can't figure out the wall climb thing, what button do you press to do it when it's indicated?

I haven't had a whole lot of time to play it, but I've been having alot of fun. The games against an ace I'll usually only score a few runs, while when I get to the bottom of the rotation, I'll start pounding runs in.

I haven't played it enough to see any huge glitches yet.

....and in the 7th game of my franchise, it froze in the 9th inning.

Nothing to piss you off more than that.

2k always makes great great gameplay but there's always little s*** that detracts from the overall experience.

Just got my 360 today and played MLB 2k7 for the 1st time and I was really impressed.

Great gameplay overall, nice and smooth. Hitting is hard to get used to at 1st, but it's nice once you get the hang of it. Pitching is also a bit confusing, but much simpler than the hitting. All of the cut scenes are amazing and the stadiums look so realistic.

Really loving the game. The AI is better than previous games. Not many blowouts and not many home run fests. Overall, a great game. Can't wait to start a franchise mode...

QUOTE(SnB @ Mar 10, 2007 -> 05:56 PM)
....and in the 7th game of my franchise, it froze in the 9th inning.

Nothing to piss you off more than that.

2k always makes great great gameplay but there's always little s*** that detracts from the overall experience.

From everything ive read online the 360 version freezes alot. I have logged probaly 15-20 hours on the ps3 version and it has not froze on me once.

After playing the game for about 2 weeks now, I can say without hesitation that the Franchise Mode is just terrible. It's amazing that they can make a game with such outstanding gameplay but seemingly put no work into making the Franchise Mode even playable. It may be realistic in terms of gameplay but the Franchise Mode is anything but.

I am not too impressed with this game...and of course by my fifth game my Xbox froze, then when trying to reboot I got the three red lights of death on my 360...

No fix, warrantee had expired two months ago so $140 repair and $30 shipping charge to fix it...I had no issues with the 360 up to this point and then it just dies.

So I can't make further judgement on the game until I get my 360 back...and I am pissed at microsoft for making a product that dies after 1 year of light play...

Also FYI, microsoft said not to get that extra cooling fan as they have seen many melt onto the xbox, I didn't have the fan and never had my system lock up but it only took the one time.

the contract negotiations do suck and the fielding is a bit off kilter. The graphics and music is really good. And I like the announcers which can be brutal for some games.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 12:17 AM)
After playing the game for about 2 weeks now, I can say without hesitation that the Franchise Mode is just terrible. It's amazing that they can make a game with such outstanding gameplay but seemingly put no work into making the Franchise Mode even playable. It may be realistic in terms of gameplay but the Franchise Mode is anything but.

Agreed. I did a fantasy draft, a few free agent signings and some trades. My team was ridiculous pretty much.

LF Dunn

CF Sizemore

RF Francouer

3B David Wright

SS Hanley Ramirez

2B Chase Utley

1B Konerko

C Mauer

DH Jose Guillen (Might trade)

SP Sheets

SP Buehrle

SP Zito

SP Hudson

SP CC Sabathia

CL BJ Ryan

SU Fuentes

SU Howry

LR Bradford

Bench

Pierzynski

Steve Finley

Uribe

Few others too, I think Bonderman is sitting doing middle relief. Pretty easy to build an all star team and not have to do much work.

That's the problem with the Fantasy Drafts, it was always one of my favorite things to do on MVP but they've completely butchered it with 2K7. The computer automatically drafts all the low cost players and bypasses any high talent guy that may be making $7M+ a year. If you want you can get Zito, Sheets and Beckett in rounds 16-18 and load up on Kotsay, O. Cabrera, Beltre, Pierre, Posada, Sexson all after round 12 because they make too much money for the computer to draft. Once he get the season going however, the computer is more than happy to trade you any of their great young, cheap players for Greg Maddux and Mike Piazza.

I was wrong about the HR-fest's. I need to mess with the sliders for that.

And also, is it just me, or does the CPU make way too many great plays defensively? I must have had about 10 stolen HR's and 8 or 9 diving catches in my 12 games played...

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 06:42 PM)
I was wrong about the HR-fest's. I need to mess with the sliders for that.

And also, is it just me, or does the CPU make way too many great plays defensively? I must have had about 10 stolen HR's and 8 or 9 diving catches in my 12 games played...

Anything that doesn't clear the wall by 10 feet, whether fair or foul, is going to be caught. Talk about unrealistic.