MLB 2K7

QUOTE(Reddy @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 12:05 AM)
so guys, at the end of the day - The Show or 2k7?

I no longer have a ps2 so the show isnt even an option for me. So since I havent played both my opinion might be a little bias.

I was a huge fan of MVP baseball on the ps2 and im telling you now, if you loved that game, you will also love 2k7. As mentioned above about the show, 2k7 has similar "small" things that make it so enjoyable. The ump personalities are both games.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 01:54 PM)
MVP 05 is the best baseball game ever made.

I highly recommend downloading it for the PC and going to mvpmods.com and modding the s*** out of it... way better and more accurate than any game you can buy currently. (there's something about seeing the cell with the retired faces on the wall accurately depicted, as well as any face you can imagine (including john danks)... i love it.

Where can you download it? And I assume its just for windows, not macs?

QUOTE(Shadows @ Mar 17, 2007 -> 12:55 PM)
2K7 on the current gen systems have insane player rankings, otherwise I would have considered buying it.. but apparently guys like JD Drew and Michael Barrett are rated 100 overall

Nah, I'd say the Player Ratings are pretty good actually. The only bad ones really are guys who have big names but don't produce. For example, Prior with like an 85 ranking...

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 17, 2007 -> 04:27 PM)
Nah, I'd say the Player Ratings are pretty good actually. The only bad ones really are guys who have big names but don't produce. For example, Prior with like an 85 ranking...

Ok well according to IGN, who might be a tad more credible than you :D , seems to disagree..

In fact, why are there 62 players rated at 100? You don't see this on the next-generation versions of this game, but on the Xbox and PS2 guys like Troy Glaus, Garret Atkins, Gary Sheffield, Hideki Matsui, Jermaine Dye and Ken Griffey Jr. are all maxed out. Sure they are solid players but Griffey is far from the most dangerous hitter in the game. He's lucky to get an 85 at this point in his career. There's a serious problem overrating batters here: Cliff Floyd is a 99! Shawn Green is a 98! I repeat: Shawn Green is a 98. Floyd had an abysmal season at .244 and 14 jacks, and Green often came off the bench. It's as if the guys in charged of rating players on the Xbox and PS2 overdosed on ecstasy pills before they came into work. "Man, that Carl Crawford -- he's so dreamy. And Ryan Zimmerman looks so good in red. The colors are so pretty. Let's make 'em both 100."
Edited by Shadows

QUOTE(Shadows @ Mar 17, 2007 -> 03:40 PM)
Ok well according to IGN, who might be a tad more credible than you :D , seems to disagree..

"You don't see this on the next-generation versions of this game" There are only a few 100's on the PS3/XBox 360 versions...

EDIT: My bad, you said current-gen. Thought you were talking next-gen. Once more, my fault. Sorry about that.

Edited by SoxFan1

Alright so those who know me from my other posts know I started out my season 1-14. I ended up b****ing out, not because I wasnt having fun, but because I lost so many early games based on errors, and learning everything as I went along since I had never played the 2k series and I jumped into franchise without any exhibition games. So I decided to count that as my spring training and started a new season.

So my first game against KC I lose 9-2, and im thinking, alright, new season same story. Still having a blast though. So my next game I finally get off the shnibe as I win 4-3 in a thriller. Jenks came in for the save and gave up 2 singles to start off the inning. After a bunt put runners on 2nd and 3rd I was able to pop up the next two batters and hold on. I was extreamly happy to finally win again even though it was against KC.

So I wrap the up the series with a 4-0 complete game shutout win with Garland and head home vs detroit. I then pitch a 6-0 complete game shutout with Vazquez, and then again a complete game shutout with (trade aquired) Eric Milton to take the first two vs detroit. So here I am thinking, what the hell is going on? All the sliders are the same and I cant believe how easily im winning now. How the heck can I all a sudden pitch lights out and light everyone up after starting my old franchise 1-14, and unable to get anyone out or produce any offense. So I go into the final game of the series vs detroit and in the top half of the first grab another easy 3 up and 3 down. Then a basehit by Pods and a homerun by Thome and im up 2-0 early in the 1st. Sure enough the game ended up raining out in the bottom of the first inning and rescheduled for later in the year. So I was off to Cleveland with my 3 complete game shutouts in a row still in tact. Plus a scoreless inning (not official) in the rain out. So 28 scoreless inning pitched.

Then I get brought back down to earth. Again I grab a 2-0 lead in the 2nd inning in cleveland, but they answer right away in the bottom half. Then in the 5th, 6th and 7th they absolutly light me up for 15 runs off contrares, McDougal and Thorton. I couldnt get any outs for the life of me. So I was pissed and relieved at the same time. I actually thought it was magically getting too easy or that I had caught on to something without realising it.

I played 1 more game last night at cleveland and was tied 2-2 heading into the 8th. Then in the bottom of the 8th I pulled a Grady Little and stuck with my ace Buehrle when I had 2 out, bases loaded and he ended up giving up a gapper. They grabbed the 4-2 lead and ended up winning with that.

Im loving this game so freaking much!

Also Konerko so far this season for me has been LIGHTS OUT. In 7 games so far hes batting .551 with 3 home runs and 9 rbi's.

Edited by WhiteSoxFan1

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 17, 2007 -> 04:46 PM)
"You don't see this on the next-generation versions of this game" There are only a few 100's on the PS3/XBox 360 versions...

EDIT: My bad, you said current-gen. Thought you were talking next-gen. Once more, my fault. Sorry about that.

Yeah I have upgraded to the 360 yet.. my friend has it and he brings it over here to play 2K7 and I just cant seem to think its worth $500

I think ill wait till it comes down, but I didnt see a $500 difference between them