MLB 2K7

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 03:18 PM)
Looks like somebody over at 2k sports has a grudge against AJ. They are based out of San Fran I think LOl.

At any rate, it looks like it should be easy to tweak AJ's rating, jsut moving strikeouts and plate discipline up to B/C and he shoudl instantly become an 83-85

Yeah, I'm still in the phase of fixing player ratings, I've played one game so far and I can already tell the controls are going to take some getting used to but there's some pretty cool features that have already impressed me such as the batter's interface and the way pitches break (much more realistic than previous games.)

The Cell walls are green and the alternate jersyes do have the white piping.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 03:22 PM)
Yeah, I'm still in the phase of fixing player ratings, I've played one game so far and I can already tell the controls are going to take some getting used to but there's some pretty cool features that have already impressed me such as the batter's interface and the way pitches break (much more realistic than previous games.)

The Cell walls are green and the alternate jersyes do have the white piping.

Is the scoreboard blue?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
Sadly, yes. They did a pretty poor job of replicating the Cell IMO.

That sucks! I guess the bright side is when you are pitching, the camera is behind the pitcher so you don't see it half the game. Not too worried about the Cell, I'd rather have the gameplay and the tendancies of the players more than anything. Hopefully next year they will get it the scoreboard right, but then they will probably have blue seats.

In Charlotte there's a 6'1" 22 year old lefty by the name of Jerry Douglass AKA John Danks there's also a 24 year old 6'4" righty by the name of Nate Martin AKA Nick Masset.

There's also another pretty good minor leaguer named Matt Spivey, he's 6'2", 170 lbs, 26 years old and right handed. He seems too good not to be someone but I really don't know who it could be.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 03:51 PM)
In Charlotte there's a 6'1" 22 year old lefty by the name of Jerry Douglass AKA John Danks there's also a 24 year old 6'4" righty by the name of Nate Martin AKA Nick Masset.

There's also another pretty good minor leaguer named Matt Spivey, he's 6'2", 170 lbs, 26 years old and right handed. He seems too good not to be someone but I really don't know who it could be.

Ralph Vaughn = Robert Valido

28 year old catcher Barry Dawkins?

29 year old outfielder Bill Gordon?

26 year old outfielder Jim Simmons?

They're all rated in the high 60's, which is higher than Anderson, Fields and Sweeney.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
Sadly, yes. They did a pretty poor job of replicating the Cell IMO.

it's not terrible. It's not the best, but it's definitely passable.

As for the game, I've gone through 3 games and am liking it alot. The pitch speed seems a bit too fast for my liking, but the game flows together really really well.

This will please any MVP fan.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 04:41 PM)
I'm hearing too easy to hit homeruns (ie MVP) True??? I'm hoping not, the one thing that sucked about MVP series, espeiclaly with the early installments... way too easy to hit HR's. Most versus games turned into a softball sock 'em game.

Well in the first game i played I hit 2 HRs and that's while still trying to get used to the controls. You can always screw around with the sliders though, so I'm not too worried about that.

One thing I love about this game already is the player salaries. They actually appear to be correct for once, Pods is making $2.9M, Konerko $12M, Pierz $5.5M. Awesome.

Only played one game, was downed by the O's 2-1. I had a play at the plate but Pod's weak arm cost me the game winner.

Things that stuck out to me:

-They nailed a lot of guys oddities at the plate like Paulie backing out after each pitch and adjusting his batting gloves

-When you're on the pause screen and they have a close up of the Fundamentals Deck or other parts of the stadium, plus the exterior of the Cell during the pregame screens was pretty sweet

-The amount of things you can edit on each guy

-The replay camera's were amazing, dirt cam, post inning and post game highlights

-Having the Sox relievers sitting on folding chairs in the pen, then reacting to me giving up a long ball that landed a few feet away from them

-They didn't have all the banners on the lights, but they did have the most important one, the 05 World Series Trophy

As I said I only played one game but the first impression was impressive. Now if the wife would let me play another game....

Good to hear all the positives. From what I've been able to play of the demo, damn all projects being due around now, the game is pretty solid. Maybe I'll pick this game up after all.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 04:52 PM)
Has anyone played this on 360 yet? I'm getting one next weekend and cant wait to play.

The demo I have of it is on the 360. I'm willing to bet it's the same across all next -gen platforms.

This game is truly badass. The graphics are amazing, and the gamplay is by far the best that 2k sports has produced for baseball.

Whats with the huge Sox logo in Center Field grass?? Does the Sodfather have something in store for us on opening day?? That would look awesome.

Some random thoughts on the game:

-In my 2nd game I hit a walk-off with AJ off Brad Lidge in the 10th inning. Can't get much more realistic than that.

-Jenks is a pimp in this game.

-Somebody else mentioned Paulie's habits in a previous post, seriously many people could easily mistake this for watching real baseball. Finally, that statement has never rang more true. They even have Uribe's fireplug stance down pat.

Game itself:

-hitting is a challenge, getting the timing down for each player will take some getting used to, but a great challenge.

-great pitchers in this game are well, great. My first game against Sabathia last night, I could only muster 4 hits over 8 (Brian Anderson with 2 LOl) then decided to take on Jason Marquis it became a lot easier to determine balls and strikes, easier to hit.

-baserunning is much much easier to manage

-fielding animations and reactions are the best I've ever seen. Maybe move down outfield strength of arms a bit with the sliders, but this game truly excels defensively.

-Overall a great baseball video game, this is what next gen baseball was supposed to be like. Its a game that I intend to show off to plenty of friends that don't play games much anymore or dont have a next gen console.

Edited by watchtower41

The last time I played any baseball game seriously was MVP 04 but ever since I got the X Box 360 I have been excited about this one coming out.

With my first game, I was completely amazed! Other than the fact that I couldn't hit, kept throwing the ball in the dirt, and my fielding sucked, everything else was great.

The cure for my problems was simply to play the cubs in game 2 where Tad had 3 home runs (2 off Big Z 1 off Howry) and Crede also had one against Z. All in all great game and Mark B. led the way to a 5-2 victory.

-Graphics are amazing

-Learning the "swing stick" is a bit tough, after first being frustrated I switched to classic style batting but now I am forcing myself to learn to swing stick cause when you do get hits, it feels much better knowing you did what you are trying to do.

-The cell is okay, the focus on the players themselves makes me not worry too much about the blue scoreboard or the Sox cut in the outfield grass. By the way, the pregame where it shows the outside of the cell is unreal.

-Pitching is awesome, especially with Jenks reaching triple digits.

-Announcers are great, although sometimes its tough to follow them cause you constantly hear the PA announcer in the background.

All I can say is I need to get back home from work and get to gettin a season mode ready.

For those who see the Sox logo in the outfield, are you playing an exhibition game or franchise game? I played at the Cell and had no logo. If you get a chance, check out Shea with the NY skyline mowed into the outfield, very nice.

I just finished my second game and was more impressed. I rallied late to beat the Giants. Zito shut me down for 6 innings but was jerked after Paulie blasted one to take the lead. One thing I like is how they've worked injuries into the game realistically. Dave Roberts had to leave with a sprained elbow after a leaping catch into the wall. Later Pods ripped a come backer off of their pitchers head, he went down like a ton of bricks and just rolled around as the play continued. The trainer ran out to check him and he was done with a mild concussion.

Who ever said Jenks is the man wasn't kidding. As Hawk would say, GAAAAS, He Gone!

QUOTE(CarlosMartinez @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 12:17 PM)
Not sure, I was playing exhibition.

Now that I think about it, I noticed it in my first game which was in "play now" mode. So im not really sure I'f I did see it in my next game.

How bout when you start a game at 7pm, it starts out sunny and bright and slowly gets dark. The sun even reflects at the right levels in the stadiums. Ridiculous!!!

Edited by HeGone33