MLB 2K7

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 12:22 PM)
Now that I think about it, I noticed it in my first game which was in "play now" mode. So im not really sure I'f I did see it in my next game.

I'm thinking that this is the case... because I know I used the "play now" mode the first time around too. Didnt create this, but thought I'd share it with y'all. Pretty badass.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please excuse me if this is a dumb question, I have yet to play this game. One of my boys bought MLB 2K7 for PS3 today. He claims that to swing the bat you actually have to swing the remote like it's an actual bat? Is this true? That sounds ridiculous. I told him he probably just doesn't know what he's doing. Any info would be apperciated.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 06:20 PM)
Please excuse me if this is a dumb question, I have yet to play this game. One of my boys bought MLB 2K7 for PS3 today. He claims that to swing the bat you actually have to swing the remote like it's an actual bat? Is this true? That sounds ridiculous. I told him he probably just doesn't know what he's doing. Any info would be apperciated.

Yea, for the PS3 you can push the controller forward like pushing away a plate of food.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 12:47 AM)
Has anybody played this on PS2? I know NBA 2K7 is a BA game on 360, but on PS2 it's not nearly as good.

You mean the other way around, right? PS2/ XBOX versions have always had the better versions for sports games than 360 since EA includes way more features that they cut out of the 360 version. I'm guessing it's the same for MLB 2k7 too.

Anyway, this game got 7.3'd by IGN.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 10:33 PM)
You mean the other way around, right? PS2/ XBOX versions have always had the better versions for sports games than 360 since EA includes way more features that they cut out of the 360 version. I'm guessing it's the same for MLB 2k7 too.

Anyway, this game got 7.3'd by IGN.

This isn't an EA game though. 2k Sports has done really good with the next gen games I've played so far. Also, I completely disagree with that rating. It is complete horses***.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 09:50 PM)
I don't know if anyone's talked about this, but has anyone tried the BaseBurner mode when you have someone on base? I didn't notice if they had that last year, but that is fuuuuuuuuuun. Stealing with Pods is great.

they had it... the rest of the game was a joke...

though, i know last year you could put any music tracks to play at any time... so the beginning of thunderstruck during the entrance... harvester of sorrow for paulie, etc etc.

im sure they have that this year too!

Sadly you can't put your own music into the game. You can listen to it during menu screens, but you can't modify the game situations other than change the music that was already in the game.

I also agree that IGN's ranking was total crap. This plays a fun and realistic game of baseball so far. If you miss a pitch, you'll pay. Same thing for CPU pitchers as well. One thing I like is the various umpiring crews. Some give you all the calls, others squeeze the hell out of you driving you pretty nuts.

QUOTE(CarlosMartinez @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 10:25 PM)
Sadly you can't put your own music into the game. You can listen to it during menu screens, but you can't modify the game situations other than change the music that was already in the game.

Turns out you can add songs, just not for each individual player that comes to the plate. You have to use your playlist from the songs you uploaded to your harddrive. ipods and that kinda stuff wont work

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 03:25 PM)
Is the scoreboard blue?

So, I need a little help. I have a touch of color-blindness, so I probably see things a little differently than others might. But isn't the scoreboard blue in real life? And the outfield wall, isn't that green? That's how it looks to me, anyway.

And yet, I still manage to dress myself without any egregious errors.... :bang

QUOTE(Balance @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 01:05 PM)
So, I need a little help. I have a touch of color-blindness, so I probably see things a little differently than others might. But isn't the scoreboard blue in real life? And the outfield wall, isn't that green? That's how it looks to me, anyway.

And yet, I still manage to dress myself without any egregious errors.... :bang

The walls are blue and the scoreboard is black in real life.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 01:56 PM)
The walls are blue and the scoreboard is black in real life.

The walls are blue? Since when?

chw_photo.jpg

And the scoreboard is green as well in real life. That's what I don't get about people complaining about the walls. Only thing that's wrong is the scoreboard which is blue in the game.

http://diary.jp.aol.com/hzyyyx/img/1123404419.jpg

Edited by nitetrain8601

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
The walls are blue? Since when?

chw_photo.jpg

And the scoreboard is green as well in real life. That's what I don't get about people complaining about the walls. Only thing that's wrong is the scoreboard which is blue in the game.

http://diary.jp.aol.com/hzyyyx/img/1123404419.jpg

Yeah, when I think about it you're right they are green. But not nearly as green as they are in the game.

I do think the scoreboard is black though, it just looks green when the light hits it directly during the day.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 04:40 PM)
Yeah, when I think about it you're right they are green. But not nearly as green as they are in the game.

I do think the scoreboard is black though, it just looks green when the light hits it directly during the day.

Nope, it's green in real life too. I wouldn't be suprised if they repainted the cement green as well.

If the scoreboard is green then it's an incredibly black shade of green.

ssssscn6.th.jpg

As for the walls, I don't know why the hell I thought they were blue but they sure as hell aren't anywhere near as green as they are in the game.

cxs1061019141024x768ln0.th.jpg

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 05:07 PM)
If the scoreboard is green then it's an incredibly black shade of green.

ssssscn6.th.jpg

As for the walls, I don't know why the hell I thought they were blue but they sure as hell aren't anywhere near as green as they are in the game.

cxs1061019141024x768ln0.th.jpg

Depends on time of day. It's forest green so when the sun is out, it looks like it does in the game, but when it's dark and gloomy in your pics, it's darker.