MLB 2K7

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 07:12 PM)
I finally figured out that about the only way to strike someone out is a fastball at the top or above the strike zone. Also, the OF's have WAY to strong of arms. I have been thrown out by plays standing at the CF or RF wall too many times.

I've had no problem striking batters out all around the zone. My problem is Javier and Gavin are averaging 10 SO's per game with 0.00 ERA through their first two starts. That's not too realistic.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few notes...

- Those complaining about the game freezing on 360, if you don't have the intercooler, I suggest you get one. I logged about 10 hours today and not once did it freeze.

- Glitch wise, the only thing I notice is that when making a pitching change in the middle of the inning, sometimes the original pitcher would be in the cut scene or highlight.

- Nothing to complain about yet in Franchise Mode. Maybe trading players is a bit too easy though. I got Hanley Ramirez, Miguel Olivo, and Cody Ross from the Marlins for Cintron, Erstad, and Hall.

Oh, and here are the fake names minor leaguers that I know of so far...

Bill Gordon - Ben Grieve

Lloyd Blevins - Lance Broadway

Nate Reyes - Nick Regilio

Cody Blum - Chad Bentz

Ron Boyd - Ryan Bukvich

Jerry Douglass - John Danks

Nate Martin - Nick Masset

Ralph Vaughn - Robert Valido

Gene Gross - Gio Gonzalez

Chris Hunter - Charles Haeger

Edited by SoxFan1

For those having problems with the CPU making too many great defensive plays, adjust your sliders. I've turned the CPU outfielder speed down to 30 or 35 and have only had 1 ball robbed in about 8 games. I've only seen a few diving grabs too and it was against the Twinks so I figure that's pretty realistic.

I also turned their outfield throwing speed down to 20 and now they are forced to hit the cutoff guy. Thome and Paulie are about the only 2 that can turn a routine double into a close play because of their lack of speed.

I'm 21-12 in my franchise and currently riding a 9 game winning streak. Those came against 2 teams with losing records. Only 2 of those 9 wins were non-save situations, the last game I blew a 6 run lead with Buerhle and only won because JD drove in 2 in the 9th to give me the lead. I'm still 500 in the division as the Indians and Tigers have owned me.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Mar 11, 2007 -> 09:57 PM)
A few notes...

- Those complaining about the game freezing on 360, if you don't have the intercooler, I suggest you get one. I logged about 10 hours today and not once did it freeze.

- Glitch wise, the only thing I notice is that when making a pitching change in the middle of the inning, sometimes the original pitcher would be in the cut scene or highlight.

- Nothing to complain about yet in Franchise Mode. Maybe trading players is a bit too easy though. I got Hanley Ramirez, Miguel Olivo, and Cody Ross from the Marlins for Cintron, Erstad, and Hall.

Oh, and here are the fake names minor leaguers that I know of so far...

Bill Gordon - Ben Grieve

Lloyd Blevins - Lance Broadway

Nate Reyes - Nick Regilio

Cody Blum - Chad Bentz

Ron Boyd - Ryan Bukvich

Jerry Douglass - John Danks

Nate Martin - Nick Masset

Ralph Vaughn - Robert Valido

Gene Gross - Gio Gonzalez

Chris Hunter - Charles Haeger

I want to point out that the intercooler is not recommended by Microsoft. In fact I've read on numerous microsoft forums that actually does more harm than good.

QUOTE(CarlosMartinez @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 11:54 AM)
For those having problems with the CPU making too many great defensive plays, adjust your sliders. I've turned the CPU outfielder speed down to 30 or 35 and have only had 1 ball robbed in about 8 games. I've only seen a few diving grabs too and it was against the Twinks so I figure that's pretty realistic.

I also turned their outfield throwing speed down to 20 and now they are forced to hit the cutoff guy. Thome and Paulie are about the only 2 that can turn a routine double into a close play because of their lack of speed.

I'm 21-12 in my franchise and currently riding a 9 game winning streak. Those came against 2 teams with losing records. Only 2 of those 9 wins were non-save situations, the last game I blew a 6 run lead with Buerhle and only won because JD drove in 2 in the 9th to give me the lead. I'm still 500 in the division as the Indians and Tigers have owned me.

Thanks for the help, I was wondering why I keep getting robbed all over the field. I'll have to make those adjustments.

Out of curiosity, what level are you playing on? Im on pro, started off 0-3 and have won 9 in a row to go to 9-3. Most of the games are close but, I keep hitting a ton of homers. I can adjust that too right? I'll have to take a look when I get home. Or should I move to the next level (from pro)?

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 07:09 PM)
Thanks for the help, I was wondering why I keep getting robbed all over the field. I'll have to make those adjustments.

Out of curiosity, what level are you playing on? Im on pro, started off 0-3 and have won 9 in a row to go to 9-3. Most of the games are close but, I keep hitting a ton of homers. I can adjust that too right? I'll have to take a look when I get home. Or should I move to the next level (from pro)?

I started on All-Pro but it's custom with the slider tweaks. I've turned down my contact to 20 and my power to 30 and I'm about middle of the pack for homeruns. I have the CPU at 70 skill, 50 contact, 60 power. I'm getting good results with this. If I miss my spots, I get what I deserve. I've found that putting the CPU with a higher power level than contact gives them a more realistic amount of fly outs, extra base hits, and long balls. I had the contact higher but with that they'd get ground ball singles or ground outs. Now they get a good mix of hits and every out isn't a strike out or weak grounder.

I've gone from winning 9 in a row to dropping the next 2 at home to the Royals in a disturbing way. Javy was roughed up for 6 runs in 5 innings. Game 2 I left Floyd in a bit too long as he was touched up for 7 runs in 4 and a third. I had 2 outs and wanted to finish the inning with him but started giving up base hit after base hit and then Reggie Sanders hit one to Gary, Indiana.

I've dropped to 3.5 out of first and .5 behind the Yanks and Tigers for the Wild Card.

I decided on MLB07 The Show on PS2 over 2K7. Started my franchise after lots of meddling with the financial part of things.

Contreras vs. Sabathia....Sabathia had about 11 Ks through 7 IP, but going to the bottom of the 8th, I was ahead 3-2 on a Konerko 3 run homer. Uribe was tryingto legout an infield single, and.....it froze....man I hate that with a passion.

Absolutly love this game. Im playing on Allstar without any slider adjustments yet, but im thinking on starting my franchise over. I just cant get over the hump as im 0-12. :bang Some games ill just get crushed, other games ill hang in there but just cant take the lead and in other games ill jump out early and blow it late. Im having problems scoring runs big time. I avg usually only 1 or 2 runs a game. I tried playing on pro and I went 3-0 and allowed a total of 5 runs in all 3 games so I figured Allstar is the level I belong at, I just need to step up my game.

Also I cant seem to rob any home runs. Whenever I try to climb the wall I end up taking a nosedive into it instead.

Im going to start my franchise over but do 82 games instead of 162. Im undecided if I want to make any trades or not. I want to so I can help my team and get better, but at the same time I feel bad making trades that dont happen in real life for some reason. The trade im considering making is for Dontrell Willis. All id have to give up is Sisco, Toby Hall and Thorton. Id also get Olivo in the deal. Id then add Travis Harper and Mark Redman to my bullpen from free agentcy.

Id have Willis, Buehrle, Contrares, Garland and Vazquez starting with Jenks, Floyd, Travis Harper, McDougal, Redman and Logan in the bullpen.

Edited by WhiteSoxFan1

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 11:00 AM)
Also I cant seem to rob any home runs. Whenever I try to climb the wall I end up taking a nosedive into it instead.

I had the same problem but figured it out last night. As soon as you see the option by your player for "wall climb" you have to hit the right stick in the direction of the climb and it will sort of take over your player and he will climb. I kept running into the wall cause i would see the "wall climb" as I was approaching the wall but would wait to hit the right stick until I was at the wall. By then the "wall climb" option was already gone therefore the nosedive.

0-12, ouch. I was killing in pro then switched to all-star last night and won 10-9 vs. Cleveland. Much more realistic game but way to many homers between the two teams.

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
I had the same problem but figured it out last night. As soon as you see the option by your player for "wall climb" you have to hit the right stick in the direction of the climb and it will sort of take over your player and he will climb. I kept running into the wall cause i would see the "wall climb" as I was approaching the wall but would wait to hit the right stick until I was at the wall. By then the "wall climb" option was already gone therefore the nosedive.

0-12, ouch. I was killing in pro then switched to all-star last night and won 10-9 vs. Cleveland. Much more realistic game but way to many homers between the two teams.

Ahh alright, I was doing the same thing you explained about waiting til i got to the wall. Ill press it from now on right when I see the wall climb icon.

Yea im having Vazquez like issues out there with all of my pitchers. It'll stay close thru 5 or 6 innings then ill give up a 4 or 5 spot and put myself out of it since I cant muster up more than a few runs a game.

Edited by WhiteSoxFan1

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 01:05 AM)
Agreed. I really miss the old MVP, and the franchises I used to build into WS Champs! I always would play with the Sox when I'd first get games, and then after awhile, I'd take some team like the Pirates and try to turn them into a contender. I love doing that with crappy teams.

I loved MVP 05 for xbox, then i got a 360 and thought the game would work fine just like halo. WRONG. You cant plays MVP 05 for 360 and this was done my Microsoft on purpose. Some stupid licensing deal or something that doesn't allow a patch on the 360 Hard Drive to allow you to play. Its been documented. Really lame.

QUOTE(joeynach @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 01:47 PM)
I loved MVP 05 for xbox, then i got a 360 and thought the game would work fine just like halo. WRONG. You cant plays MVP 05 for 360 and this was done my Microsoft on purpose. Some stupid licensing deal or something that doesn't allow a patch on the 360 Hard Drive to allow you to play. Its been documented. Really lame.

MVP 05 is the best baseball game ever made.

I highly recommend downloading it for the PC and going to mvpmods.com and modding the s*** out of it... way better and more accurate than any game you can buy currently. (there's something about seeing the cell with the retired faces on the wall accurately depicted, as well as any face you can imagine (including john danks)... i love it.

IMO so far, ML07: The Show is far and away better than 2k07...but of course I'm only playing them on PS2. If I owned a PS3, I would wait on The Show 07 to release in April, its completely worth it over 2k07. For you XBox360 owners, can't help ya there :P

3 games into my franchise on The Show, and I'm 2-1(accidentally simulated Buehrles start and lost 12-1). With sliders set the way I want, I get about the right amount of hits, and against a guy like Sabathia, I justifiably struggled mightily. But some humor came out of the 1st game. Sabathia left the game with a 3-1 lead, and Joe Borowski came in and imploded :P . I went up 6-3 going into the 9th, brought in Jenks, and then barely held on 6-5. Crede bobbled a line shot right to him, then whilst trying to hurry the throw, threw the ball away. It was tense, and fun stuff. I am loving The Show so far!! ANd so so much control over everything in the franchise, down to every little facet of being an owner.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 05:15 AM)
I went up 6-3 going into the 9th, brought in Jenks, and then barely held on 6-5. Crede bobbled a line shot right to him, then whilst trying to hurry the throw, threw the ball away.

unrealistic.

:P

I tell ya what, Bobby has the gas to bring it in 07 The Show, but he also is lacking in the control. I've put him in for 2 saves so far, and its been a bit of an adventure both times.

Also, after 5 IP, Javy Vasquez was struggling to get anyone out, and ended up giving up 12 hits I think in 5+ innings.....no way you can say 'unrealistic' to that!!! ;)

Man, these games do get pretty intense. I was up 3-2 at Comerica and brough Jenks in for the save. After striking out the 1st two, Sheffield triples to deep right center after Dye bobbles the ball and lets it roll all the way to the wall. Then I got the next batter to pop out to short right on a 3-2 count and Iguchi ended the game. Good stuff.

I dont know if this has been mentioned and maybe im going crazy, but I can almost feel the different personalities between umpires. I can tell some umps miss calls, just like in real life. Pisses you off when it happens, but makes it really realistic as well. An example was on a 3-2 count on jermaine dye the other night I got called out looking on a breaking ball a good inch and a half out of the zone. Also its cool to see numerous different umpires at different spots at each game. I remember the ump behind the plate during my Dye example was Amazando.

The Show is above and beyond, WAY better than 2k07 if you have PS2 or PS3. I can honestly say that The Show 07 is the best baseball game I've played ever. Every little aspect of the game is pretty crazy.

I've had Erstad thrown out of the game on a close play at 1st on a bunt attempt, I had Nick Punto hurt himself on a swing, and he stepped out of the box to try and stretch it out, the umps have their own strike zones, etc...theres tons of nuances that make it great.

I'm 5-4 after 9 games, I struggled in Oakland just like real life. Buehrle got shelled in his start there.