Sox Player Contracts

shoota

I would appreciate a single reference listing Sox players' contracts in a simple format:

Player's name; what season's he's signed through; current season's salary owed by Sox; present arbitration year.

Jermaine Dye; 2007; $6.75 million; n/a

Joe Crede; 2008; $4.94 million; 2008

Tadahito Iguchi; 2007; $3.25 million; n/a

If anyone wants to add, I'll edit my thread.

This web page should give you 100% of the details you're wanting, including MLB Service time, options, bonii (Pablo gets $15,000 if he wins a silver slugger award? Huh?), money coming in from Philly/Az, etc. A few details might be wrong, but overall it looks accurate.

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2005/01/c...-white-sox.html

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 07:47 PM)
This web page should give you 100% of the details you're wanting, including MLB Service time, options, bonii (Pablo gets $15,000 if he wins a silver slugger award? Huh?), money coming in from Philly/Az, etc. A few details might be wrong, but overall it looks accurate.

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2005/01/c...-white-sox.html

It may a dumb question, but under salaries, what does AUTO stand for? The minimum?

QUOTE(Rooftop Shots @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 09:37 PM)
It may a dumb question, but under salaries, what does AUTO stand for? The minimum?

Not enough service time for arbitration. So the team controls them.

Kalapse, I love the DOB for the Count. Also, no Perez on the 25 man roster?

QUOTE(Rooftop Shots @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 08:37 PM)

It's basically the first 3 years of a players career before he becomes arbitration eligible so he is under complete team control and makes right around league minimum. I'm not entirely sure what to call this period of time and 'auto' seemed the most appropriate.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 08:49 PM)
Not enough service time for arbitration. So the team controls them.

Kalapse, I love the DOB for the Count. Also, no Perez on the 25 man roster?

Perez signed a minor league deal so he's not gauranteed a spot on the roster or any money, plus the only way he makes the team is if Podsednik starts the year on the DL, which he likely will so I guess he should be included in the 25 man.

What you see there is only a fraction of complete spreadsheet which includes over 60 players. Eduardo Perez is listed under "others not on 40 man" with Junior Spivey, Wiki Gonzalez and the like.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 08:49 PM)
It's basically the first 3 years of a players career before he become arbitration eligible so he is under complete team control and makes right around league minimum. I'm not entirely sure what to call this period of time and 'auto' seemed the most appropriate.

Thanks! I'm printing out 5 copies for a few guys at work. Questions that pertain to contracts have come up quite a bit lately.

Looking at the spreadsheet, the Sox are in a great position to resign Buehrle, Dye, and Gooch. I still can't believe KW is talking like the Sox are in dire straits.

15 players are under the teams control (Auto), under Arbitration, or have Team options for 2008. That does not include the low guaranteed contracts of Hall and MacDougal. So that is 17 of 25 players that have very workable contracts.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 07:01 AM)
Looking at the spreadsheet, the Sox are in a great position to resign Buehrle, Dye, and Gooch. I still can't believe KW is talking like the Sox are in dire straits.

15 players are under the teams control (Auto), under Arbitration, or have Team options for 2008. That does not include the low guaranteed contracts of Hall and MacDougal. So that is 17 of 25 players that have very workable contracts.

KW just might be keeping his options open. For example, Ichiro said he may test the market after '07.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 08:05 AM)
KW just might be keeping his options open. For example, Ichiro said he may test the market after '07.

That was one of the two things that occurred to me, reading KW's quotes lately (not Ichiro specifically, but keeping options open). The other being that you still cannot take anything he says about the future as any kind of truth. Its all part of his game. To appreciate KW's actual impact, I think you have to look at the end result.

IF for some god for saken ridiculous set of circumstances we are not competing at the trade deadline. Does anyone here foresee a fire sale?? Crede, Buehrle, Dye, Gooch??

It seems Kenny has the Sox in the position of, if the pitching holds up we can make a run at it. Maybe pick someone up at the deadline to fill a hole for the championship run. However, if we're not in the running, we could net some big time players for that group above. It seems Kenny decided a while ago that he would not try to work out any deals with these guys before the season. I think his plan is, if for some reason, be it injury or other, the Sox are not in a position to make the playoffs teams have been overpaying big time at the deadline and thats his best chance at replinishing the farm.

It seems we're in a pretty good situation, win or lose so to speak.

Looking at that grid, the thing that worries me is the infield. Pitching staff looks good (especially with the talent in the minors), catching and DH fine, outfield thin but a few talented players coming up soon will help there. But that infield is thin, and it gets ugly looking at the farm system.

I really hope they re-sign Gooch very soon, and figure out the Crede/Fields situation in some way. Then they can focus on SS.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 08:30 AM)
It would be very possible. However, if had to make a prediction, I would say Joe and Mark would be on the table, with Dye and Gooch being harder to acquire.

Once again, I just don't see how Gooch moves. This team isn't going with Pedro Lopez at 2b, and thats pretty much all we got.

I also think the Sox being out of it by July is very unlikely, but I understand you were just brining up a hypothetical.

Gooch having another consistent year, just jacks his price up even more. I don't think he has to improve much on his last two seasons to get a big pay day. I think he has to just remain consisitent and he'll get it. I'm not sure why Kenny didn't want to work things out with Gooch this offseason, but I'm hoping he has something up his sleeve and I'm really hoping that something isn't Lopez.

QUOTE(Rooftop Shots @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 08:37 PM)

It should say League Minimum or something like that because the player earns something close to the league minimum still depending on service time. Like Miguel Cabrera last year made around 475K, I think league minimum last year was 350 or 360K. So for the first 3 years the player is paid a small increment to the league minimum, which tends to increase 10 to 20K every year anyway.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 08:42 AM)
Gooch having another consistent year, just jacks his price up even more. I don't think he has to improve much on his last two seasons to get a big pay day. I think he has to just remain consisitent and he'll get it. I'm not sure why Kenny didn't want to work things out with Gooch this offseason, but I'm hoping he has something up his sleeve and I'm really hoping that something isn't Lopez.

Even if he does have another good year in '07 and goes into the offseason as the #1 2B on the market (which he will be) he's still not going to make that much. The Sox have the money, there isn't a single legitimate reason for not giving Iguchi an extension at this point. If he walks, the Sox are going to have a huge hole up the middle for the foreseeable future.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 08:54 PM)
It's basically the first 3 years of a players career before he becomes arbitration eligible so he is under complete team control and makes right around league minimum. I'm not entirely sure what to call this period of time and 'auto' seemed the most appropriate.

Indentured servitude

Um by the way did anyone notice the fact that he has Contreras birthday listed as 12/6/51. First of all I dont know where you got that birthday from I thought Contreras' real age was a sort of mystery. Second of all that would make him 56 years old, I dont think that can be right at all. I mean hes old, but hes not that old and still playing.

QUOTE(joeynach @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 05:31 PM)
Um by the way did anyone notice the fact that he has Contreras birthday listed as 12/6/51. First of all I dont know where you got that birthday from I thought Contreras' real age was a sort of mystery. Second of all that would make him 56 years old, I dont think that can be right at all. I mean hes old, but hes not that old and still playing.

I think it was more of a joke by Kalapse. He replaced 1971 with 1951. He is listed as 35.