Favorite Boardgame

Controlled Chaos

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 03:14 PM)
Anyone ever play Cranium? Somebody told me that was pretty good. I don't even know what games are out there, except for the old staples.

Cranium is a good one, there are a couple of different options of play. Its kind of like trivial pursuit meets Pictionary, with a ball of clay(no joke)

Every Cranium game is great! We have a bunch of them. It started as the one game, but it became so big they expanded into a bunch of games. The Kids Cranium is probably more fun that the original.

Balderdash is also great. I wish I could remember all of the ones we play, but we change it up so often I forget which ones I really enjoy.

As far as simple "strategy" games go, I love Mancala.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 03:26 PM)
Every Cranium game is great! We have a bunch of them. It started as the one game, but it became so big they expanded into a bunch of games. The Kids Cranium is probably more fun that the original.

Balderdash is also great. I wish I could remember all of the ones we play, but we change it up so often I forget which ones I really enjoy.

As far as simple "strategy" games go, I love Mancala.

Anyone ever play Brain Chain??

http://www.rateitall.com/t-672-board-games.aspx

QUOTE(SnB @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 03:20 PM)
CANDY LAND

Snakes and Ladders (Chutes and Ladders, whichever name you call it) is a better game :P !

Sorry, Muppet Monopoly, Operation (does that count?), Candy Land (I blame my nephew for this one), and Trivial Pursuit are all good ones that come to mind at the moment.

i used to be a huge fan of risk. i played for years but never, ever won.

now i think risk just sucks, even though i miss hearing about kamchatka on a regular basis.

in terms of games i enjoy trivial pursuit.

when i play with my daughter it's pretty much chutes and ladders, candyland, or her personal fave "don't wake daddy."

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 03:46 PM)
i used to be a huge fan of risk. i played for years but never, ever won.

now i think risk just sucks, even though i miss hearing about kamchatka on a regular basis.

How could I forget that game?! My brother and I would play that for hours and hours. Kamchatka was our favorite territory. He is into Axis and Allies now though (I think that is the name though).

I was thinking of a game with a group of adults. It used to be we'd have some friends over and getting a little f***ed up was enough. Apparently, the wives/girlfriends would like a little more substance to our get togethers. So I was just looking for something fun. We have played "scene it" before, but the girls don't have a chance against the guys in that. In fact, nobody has a chance against me in that game, yeah I'm callin you out!!! :)

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 03:49 PM)
white-sox-monopoly-set.jpg

I can't bring myself to take it out of the wrapper.

For a party game, you need something that is easy to remember how to play while drinking, and has some aggression and taunting. That describes Aggravation to a "t". Men against the women. If you knock a piece out, you have to drink.

lsaggrav.jpg

Alchy Uno is another favorite. 500 points and everyone drinks. Draw until you have a play.

There's a game called Crack the Case that is the store bought version ofr the "Questions" game that has cropped up here before. You know, 'A dead man is found naked, in the middle of the desert, with no footprionts leading to or away from the body. . . in his hand he is holding a piece of straw. What happened?'

That's always fun.

Balderdash is great, Pictionary, any of the Cranium games.

Song Burst is another fun one, where you are given a few lines of a song and you have to sing the next line no matter how good or bad a singer you are.

Of course, I think the games a bunch of swingers like you and your friends should be the classics – "Pass Out" or "Sip and Go Naked". :D

passout.jpg

sipngonakedgame_th.jpg

QUOTE(Felix @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 03:34 PM)
This is the 9th post and Monopoly hasn't been mentioned? Sickening people..

Monopoly > *

ahem, all it took was 2 posts

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 03:08 PM)
I love Balderdash, Risk is always good if you have the time, and Monopoly is a classic fave of mine

Does MarioParty count? ;)

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 03:53 PM)
I was thinking of a game with a group of adults. It used to be we'd have some friends over and getting a little f***ed up was enough. Apparently, the wives/girlfriends would like a little more substance to our get togethers. So I was just looking for something fun. We have played "scene it" before, but the girls don't have a chance against the guys in that. In fact, nobody has a chance against me in that game, yeah I'm callin you out!!! :)

YER GOIN' DOWN!!!!

:fight

;)