Rats in NY Taco Bell / KFC

mreye

Has anyone else seen this video they've been showing this morning?

Apparently someone walked by a KFC / Taco Bell this morning in NY and saw a bunch of rats running around - like 6 or more of them. They called the news to come get some video of it. It's been all over the news shows this morning. I've seen it on CNBC of all places. Nasty, nasty stuff!!

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 09:44 AM)
Is this really that abnormal? It's gross and all, and I'm glad I don't have to see it, but I'm sure most restaurants have intermittent problems with rodents. Then again I'm a Taco Bell apologist.

Not only in NYC which is overrun by rats, but if anyone eats up in Lincoln Park or lakeview frequently, the area is the one of the heaviest infestation of rats in the state. There is a huge problem with rats in populated areas in chicago and im sure that includes the basement of restaurants that are much nicer than Taco Bell.

In addition, NYC is a rat paradise because they just toss their trash out on the streets in piles.

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 09:44 AM)
Is this really that abnormal? It's gross and all, and I'm glad I don't have to see it, but I'm sure most restaurants have intermittent problems with rodents. Then again I'm a Taco Bell apologist.

They do. And it's not just limited to Taco Bell's and low rank places.