Ritchie

LDF

what?

please don't be so cryptic - a lot of us (or at least me) have no idea what you mean although I can maybe guess but what really went down?

tony ritchie was draft 3 or 4 yrs ago by the sox in the 5 round. he was angry b/c many thought he was going to be a hard sign and he was not drafted in the first round. he kept on insisting on 1 round money. the sox i believe, if i remember right came in with a little than 600k but he refuse. the money part is what is i am a little confuse here. either way he wanted first round money and he didn't get it. he went to fl for schooling.

now he was drafted by the sCrubs and sign for what 300+k.

here is what BA had to say about him 3 yrs ago>>>

One of the best high school catching prospects, Tony Richie (5) was disappointed he didn’t go in the first round as projected. He’s at Florida State

Guest hotsoxchick1

ha ha ... geez ldf you got me on this one... i guess this is a time when reading for comprehension would have come in handy... i thought at first glance you were talkin about toad ritchie...........lol........and then i thought wtf did the brewers give up on him already???....lol..... :o :D

what?

please don't be so cryptic - a lot of us (or at least me) have no idea what you mean although I can maybe guess but what really went down?

He's talking about Tony Ritchie. He was drafted by the Sox, but instead opted to go to FSU and he become one of the top hitting catchers and was drafted by the Cubs after turning down more money by the Sox.

Like I've always said, I don't blame the Sox, they had a fair offer on the table and in all honesty, they are probably one of the most agressive teams in terms of the draft.

Like I've always said, I don't blame the Sox, they had a fair offer on the table and in all honesty, they are probably one of the most agressive teams in terms of the draft.

I have to agree, I don't recall any one we drafted that we didn't sign that we didn't make a decent offer to but they had other priorities

what?

He's talking about Tony Ritchie. He was drafted by the Sox, but instead opted to go to FSU and he become one of the top hitting catchers and was drafted by the Cubs after turning down more money by the Sox.

you are right on this one. he thou i kept on saying that if the sox put 100+ more on the table, they would have sign him. i remember reading that like hill, he was ready to sign if the sox pony up a little more money.

hill on the other hand was given a real great offer, but boras refuse. yet he sign for less with the sCrubs a yr later when he was redrafted.

what?

you are right on this one. he thou i kept on saying that if the sox put 100+ more on the table, they would have sign him. i remember reading that like hill, he was ready to sign if the sox pony up a little more money.

hill on the other hand was given a real great offer, but boras refuse. yet he sign for less with the sCrubs a yr later when he was redrafted.

Almost never will a player make more money by holding out and re-entering. Its really stupid advice to give a player. Only way thats different is if your a latter round pick, have another year of college or if your a mid to latter round pick and are in highschool and can go to college and increase your stock.

Guest hotsoxchick1
what?

Almost never will a player make more money by holding out and re-entering. Its really stupid advice to give a player. Only way thats different is if your a latter round pick, have another year of college or if your a mid to latter round pick and are in highschool and can go to college and increase your stock.

maybe he should have talked to borchard before turning it down??? lol..... ;)

I thought of Todd, too.

I'm glad we sent he and Royce to Milw, cause I haven't heard a word about either.

how is Todd R. doing?

Seemed like a nice enough guy in his postgame quotes, but oh he was so bad. He sucked.

I thought of Todd, too.

I'm glad we sent he and Royce to Milw, cause I haven't heard a word about either.

how is Todd R. doing?

Seemed like a nice enough guy in his postgame quotes, but oh he was so bad. He sucked.

I believe Todd Ritchie is sitting on the Brewers DL right now.

I thought of Todd, too.

how is Todd R. doing?

I believe Todd Ritchie is sitting on the Brewers DL right now.

He must have 18 losses again...

Guest hotsoxchick1
Todd Ritchie is out for the year ... rotator cuff problem.  I heard it the other day on the radio.

nardi strikes again?????? im sure he had that before he was outta here...... ;) just a hunch......