Ever been on TV?

Texsox

52 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been on TV?

• Yes
    • No
    • I Don't Know

i've been on television a few times for work-related things, and was on oprah when i was in high school. i'm not really an oprah fan but she was nice and it was a cool experience.

i used to work as a newspaper reporter and i had a chance to cover some ohio state games. at ohio stadium they send reporters to the field for the final five minutes of the game, which is pretty sweet. well a few years ago osu played marshall at home and marshall gave them all they could handle. mike nugent won the game with a 54-yard field goal as time expired. i was covering that game, and as he was lining up for the kick i went down and stood right under the goalpost because i knew the camera would be there. sure enough, i was on espn that night.

When the Marlins played their first game at U.S. Cellular my friend and I sat right behind the Marlins dugout. When one of the Marlins bats slipped and hit, name slips my mind he was a heavy guy with braids and was an awesome pinch hitter, when he was standing on the top step up the dugout you can see my friend and I panic and dive out of the way when the bat was coming at us. I have the BBTN still TiVo'd, there's a great slo-mo replay of it.

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 08:36 PM)
During a White Sox game my bubby and I were on camera A LOT and then we were featured on Sportscenter and local TV because of our antics towards Jamie Navarro during a game in 1998.

We were even commented on by Hawk and Wimpy...who laughed and said "That ain't right..."

Here's an article about what we did:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_...21/ai_n10416292

lmfao

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 08:36 PM)
During a White Sox game my bubby and I were on camera A LOT and then we were featured on Sportscenter and local TV because of our antics towards Jamie Navarro during a game in 1998.

We were even commented on by Hawk and Wimpy...who laughed and said "That ain't right..."

Here's an article about what we did:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_...21/ai_n10416292

LOL, awesome Ribbie.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 10:47 PM)
Iowa tv doesn't count.

I watched some wife swap show on Tivo featuring this hillbilly ass family from Iowa that lives on a raw meat diet, drinks no water, and believes bacteria is healthy so they dont clean their house or shower. I thought of Heads and giggled.

I played fast-pitch softball until I was 16. When I was around 14 or 15 a local news station had something called "Hey Andy, sub for me!" where the sports guy (named Andy) would come to a sporting event and act as a substitute player. Well he ended up doing this for the opposing team and I had to pitch to him.

The guy stood over 6 feet tall but I still ended up walking him and he even manged to come around to score. We ended up winning the game though. :D

Anway it was on the local news that night. That was about 1 minute of my 15 minutes of fame. I still have 14 more minutes to go...

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 10:57 PM)
I watched some wife swap show on Tivo featuring this hillbilly ass family from Iowa that lives on a raw meat diet, drinks no water, and believes bacteria is healthy so they dont clean their house or shower. I thought of Heads and giggled.

I'm sure there's no one like that in Chicago.