When does Barry break the record?

Middle Buffalo

If I ever caught the HR ball which eclipses Aaron, I'd do something outrageous like write "Roids" in permanent market then throw it back on the field.

What's awesome is no one would know what to do with it. Can't just throw that baseball away, but neither could you send it to Cooperstown.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 09:26 PM)
If I ever caught the HR ball which eclipses Aaron, I'd do something outrageous like write "Roids" in permanent market then throw it back on the field.

What's awesome is no one would know what to do with it. Can't just throw that baseball away, but neither could you send it to Cooperstown.

No matter how much I hate Mr. Bonds, I'd have to sell it. I just can't screw my life over that much when handed that kind of gift.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 11:26 PM)

That would be one of the single greatest moments in baseball history.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 12:44 AM)
That would be awesome if it were against the Yankees. Is that game in NY? It's going to be a fun season following him.

The media coverage is gonna be interesting. Every station around the country and probably other parts of the world is gonna cut to his at bats once he's within one HR of breaking the record.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 11:36 PM)
No matter how much I hate Mr. Bonds, I'd have to sell it. I just can't screw my life over that much when handed that kind of gift.

And pay your medical bills for the pummeling you will have endured to keep the ball. It will be insane. I fear someone will get trampled. The bleachers will not be a place for kids. It will look like a soccer crowd.

I think it is sad, with the overwhelming preponderance of evidence he used performance enhancing drugs to break the record, that people will still cheer for him. It shows all that is wrong in our society and I hope, at the least, that those that cheer him do not adopt that same cheating attitude in life.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 4, 2007 -> 12:13 PM)
Do you think he will face any death threats as Hank did?

Every stadium across the country needs to start playing Waylon Jennings "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way" when Bonds gets to bat. :D

Of course Bonds will face death threats, because almost every public figure does.

But here's the thing...I guarantee you, the absolute worst of them, Mr. Bonds will make sure that the media somehow hears about them. Because for a nation of people who don't pay attention, when you've made 95% of the nation despise you, what better way to make your fans even more die-hard than to use the actions of a few idiots to smear everyone else who doesn't like you.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 11:26 PM)

No you wouldn't.