The Great Winter Storm of February 2007

Heads22

It looks like we're about to get s***stomped. Today's forecast for Ames: inch of sleet, 1/2 inch of ice, 3-7 inches of snow with winds up to 40 mph. My dad says back home they've been seeing estimates as high as 15-20 inches up by Waterloo. We got some ice and sleet and hail yesterday. This is gonna be something, if the forecasts are right for once.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 11:50 AM)
It looks like we're about to get s***stomped. Today's forecast for Ames: inch of sleet, 1/2 inch of ice, 3-7 inches of snow with winds up to 40 mph. My dad says back home they've been seeing estimates as high as 15-20 inches up by Waterloo. We got some ice and sleet and hail yesterday. This is gonna be something, if the forecasts are right for once.

I'm in Cedar Falls right now.... :(

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 06:52 PM)
F*** that damn Groundhog!!!

At least it's happening on a weekend and not during the week where we have to deal with it during rush hour.

Normally I would agree with that. But in my case my wife is a nurse and works every other weekend. She works a 1/2 hour from home and won't be leaving work until midnight. It's a long, desolate drive back home. I called her and told her she might want to stay at a hotel tonight.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 07:26 PM)
Normally I would agree with that. But in my case my wife is a nurse and works every other weekend. She works a 1/2 hour from home and won't be leaving work until midnight. It's a long, desolate drive back home. I called her and told her she might want to stay at a hotel tonight.

Good luck to the Mrs. for her drive home, Kid!

My wife's out there tonight, too - she gets off work at 9:30, and she promised her sister she'd stop by her house to bring in her mail and feed her cat.

I'm a LITTLE concerned, but not too much right now.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 07:42 PM)
Good luck to the Mrs. for her drive home, Kid!

My wife's out there tonight, too - she gets off work at 9:30, and she promised her sister she'd stop by her house to bring in her mail and feed her cat.

I'm a LITTLE concerned, but not too much right now.

Good luck to the lady also! Yup, looking out my window...we have a fulll fledged blizzard out there!

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 08:11 PM)
We don't have as much out my way, but it is accumulating a bit, even on the street now.

I put the dog out, she freaked out and came running back in. She then decided to go back out 10 minutes later. When she went back out that second time, there was absolutely mo trace of her having been out there the first time.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 08:57 PM)
I put the dog out, she freaked out and came running back in. She then decided to go back out 10 minutes later. When she went back out that second time, there was absolutely mo trace of her having been out there the first time.

It's getting more serious here now.

Ice mixing with the snow, glazing the streets.

I'm more concerned for the Mrs. now.

I'm hoping the weather kept a fair amount of people in the house tonight.