The Great Winter Storm of February 2007

Heads22

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 07:45 AM)
That was, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the worst drive to work I have ever had! Un-friggin-believable!!!

lol, yeah, mine wasn't the greatest! I saw the radar on the morning show and scrambled to get out the door ASAP

Temperature went from 58 to 36 here yesterday in 20 minutes. I can't remember seeing something like that here before in a while. At 5 PM, it was a thunderstorm and 58, by 9 it was 30, light snow, and 30 MPH winds with gusts.

As for today....well whatever snow hasn't melted yet is blowing all over the damn place, and the wind is so bad I think the draft that was blowing into my room through the window got me sick as hell. Where is the damn global warming when we need it, I want it now instead of in July when it'll be 100 instead of 95.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 11:20 AM)
I guess the state police have shut down Route 47 between Huntley and Woodstock due to the insane drifting. It's Hell out there man, pure Hell.

where did you hear this? I'm in Woodstock and I need to go to 90, so please let me know, I'm leaving after my 1:30 court call.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 12:57 PM)
One of our clients called in and told us. Now we hear that 14 is also closed down.

yeah, I've heard 14 has been closed, but that is just going around word of mouth... edit to this, just saw on one of my co-workers computer that 14 is closed

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 02:01 PM)
Yup, my neighbor just called and said it was closed. He knows this because the cops told him to go another way.

My car is spending the night here at work, and I'm taking the train home. F this.

I got a back way home from one of the "Court Security Personal" so I will try that, but yeah, I believe 47 is either closed or advised to avoid between Woodstock and Huntley

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 02:44 PM)
I knew it was supposed to cool off I just thought we had some thunderstorms in the works.

I've seen forecasts calling for a mix of rain and snow Thursday night/Friday morning.

We'll see. I hope not, I've had enough of "God's Vomit" for this winter.