Home Crowd Advantage

Texsox

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which sport has the biggest home crowd advantage?

• Baseball
    • Basketball
    • Football
    • Hockey
    • Soccer

Basketball.

Some of you might laugh, but I never would have guessed there was a homefield advantage in college baseball until I met the Animals of Section B here at Florida State. These guys are great and I'm sure they play some roll in the games. Especially this past Friday harrassing a guy for constantly trying to pickoff guys off although he wasn't close. Out of nowhere the guy started screaming (like bad emo music screaming) at the pitcher, he's going, look at him, he's going, throw the ball (I heard him loud and clear although he was behind home and I was in the outfield). I know it doesn't seem like much, but then the guy stepped off the mound obviously frustrated, went back on, and then stepped off again. He then gave up 3 crucial runs in the 8th inning and never attempted another pickoff (he was a freshman too).

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 07:26 PM)
Playing on a homecourt can make even the worst teams into one of the best in country for a night. You don't see this anywhere except for college basketball.

hate to stir the pot, but Korea 2002

and I don't even like soccer

I went basketball. Basketball usually has the biggest moments/examples of how momentum can change a game in an instant. Also, basketball games are much much louder just because of the fact that they're indoors and in a much more intimate atmosphere.

QUOTE(SnB @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 03:24 AM)
I went basketball. Basketball usually has the biggest moments/examples of how momentum can change a game in an instant. Also, basketball games are much much louder just because of the fact that they're indoors and in a much more intimate atmosphere.

Let me ask you. Have you ever been to a soccer game with 90,000 people in the stadium, chanting and singing, with fireworks and flares going off? But I'm not going to go further with this, just stating my opinion. I don't want to be called an elitist or anything.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 03:38 AM)
Let me ask you. Have you ever been to a soccer game with 90,000 people in the stadium, chanting and singing, with fireworks and flares going off?

no, because i live in america

BA-CHING