Lovie Is Sticking Around

LOL, I cant wait to hear all of the Chicago Media who pegged the Bears as cheap and unwilling to pay fair value. Lovie has done nothing but move forward from the Dick Jauron Era and continue to progress, I like the fact that he is sticking around.

Fantastic news. Both JA and Lovie are here for a while. JA here till 2013 while Lovie is signed till 2012 (it was a 4 year extension, but he also has this year left on his contract).

I knew the media was blowing smoke like usual and the two sides agreed and voila!!!!

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 10:28 AM)
Fantastic news. Both JA and Lovie are here for a while. JA here till 2013 while Lovie is signed till 2012 (it was a 4 year extension, but he also has this year left on his contract).

I knew the media was blowing smoke like usual and the two sides agreed and voila!!!!

The media was ridiculous, insisted on the Bears being racist and other crap.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 04:28 PM)

I dont think the media was blowing it out of proportion so much as the Bears felt the pressure to make a deal happen. Also according to Lovie's agent Smith said he wanted to get the deal done because he didnt want the bears continuing to look bad.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 11:35 AM)
I dont think the media was blowing it out of proportion so much as the Bears felt the pressure to make a deal happen. Also according to Lovie's agent Smith said he wanted to get the deal done because he didnt want the bears continuing to look bad.

Unfortunately there is nothing the Bears can do anymore to prevent that. Even if they would win the Superbowl, the media will find something wrong about it.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 11:35 AM)

Lovies contract all year has been blown out of proportion. The Bears were not talked about on any pregame show without it being mentioned that Lovie was the leagues lowest paid coach. It was harped on over and over. I just didn't get it. It was like the were trying to insinuate he wasn't being paid cause he was black. If he was white, I don't think we would have even heard half of this contract talk. It was a contract for a first year head coach. WTF? Why should they have restructured after 2 years? One being a 5-11 season and the other being an ass whoopiong in the divisional round of the playoffs. He had one bad year and one good year...lets give him a raise?? I have no problem at all how the Bears handled it. I agree Lovie received what he deserved and the extension was the right thing for the Bears to do. I just don't see what the hoopla was about all year and why every sportscaster had to point out Lovie's salary.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 04:40 PM)
If I was Lovie right now, I would be WAY too drunk to know I was Lovie right now!!!

Are you kidding? Free Agency starts in like 3 hours and 20 minutes! He's not signing anyone directly, but he better damn well be sober tonight!