Alabama Teacher tapes kids to there seats

BHAMBARONS

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 02:45 AM)
My grade school teachers taped our mouths shut, hit our hands with yard sticks and made us wear gum on our noses......ALL THE TIME. :huh

I was just thinking the samething. If I would have said anything to my parents, they would have just punished me again!

Is anyone even going to ask why the teacher had to do this?

ss2k5 you just nailed the big difference between when we were kids and the kids now. When we were kids, at least in my case...the teacher was always right. My parents wouldn't fall for me saying "oh the teacher made MY test harder cause she doesn't like me" or "the teacher is just picking on me", but my sister, who is a teacher, has parents coming in accusing her of that all the time. It's like are you kidding me?? If I did something wrong in class and was punished or I had bad grades and messed up, my parents never blamed my teachers. They blamed me and they were right, cause it was always me..no matter what I would say about my teacher.

I could just imagine coming home and telling my parents the teacher taped me to the chair. First thing out of their mouths would be "What did you do to make her do that? Now it's "what did that abusive teacher do to my poor baby"

Now I agree that many kids are pampered these days I don't agree with another adult touching my kid. If there's a problem at school then send them to the office, don't let them have recess, make them right their name on the board 100 times, etc... If there's a bigger problem, call me and I'll take care of it.

If a teacher has to resort to taping kids to their seat, she shouldn't be a teacher because she doesn't know how to properly control a class.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 09:25 AM)
don't let them have recess, make them right their name on the board 100 times, etc...

I can see the lawsuits now:

Caused Carpel Tunnel

Caused social anxiety

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 09:05 AM)
Is anyone even going to ask why the teacher had to do this?

ss2k5 you just nailed the big difference between when we were kids and the kids now. When we were kids, at least in my case...the teacher was always right. My parents wouldn't fall for me saying "oh the teacher made MY test harder cause she doesn't like me" or "the teacher is just picking on me", but my sister, who is a teacher, has parents coming in accusing her of that all the time. It's like are you kidding me?? If I did something wrong in class and was punished or I had bad grades and messed up, my parents never blamed my teachers. They blamed me and they were right, cause it was always me..no matter what I would say about my teacher.

I could just imagine coming home and telling my parents the teacher taped me to the chair. First thing out of their mouths would be "What did you do to make her do that? Now it's "what did that abusive teacher do to my poor baby"

I completely agree. Except, she was a substitute teacher. I dont' know about you, but I remember giving them HELL! She shouldn't have bound kids to the chair or taped their mouths shut, but it's hard to come into a class, not knowing the kids and the kids not knowing you and immediately have that mutual respect.

PS...in high school, my French teacher slapped a student for talking back and you know what happened...nothing. Should she have slapped him? No. Did he deserve it? You bet he did.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 10:47 AM)
Oooh, 1988 was a good year for bondage flicks. Have to check that one out. :P

I saw it on skinemax, remember the day like it was yesterday.

Just go done watching my teenage mutant turtles v. splinter movie.....turned over and my life changed.

bowww chiccca bow wow.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 02:45 AM)
My grade school teachers taped our mouths shut, hit our hands with yard sticks and made us wear gum on our noses......ALL THE TIME. :huh

I remember when my third grade teacher tied a kid to his chair and taped his mouth shut. Kid wouldn't sit down or shut up.