Guillen responds to McCarthy's comments

Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 08:59 PM)
You can't tell me the Sox players don't mind any of Ozzie's act.

I'll never forget the look of disgust Dye had when he saw Ozzie b****ing out Garland in the dugout for not hitting a Rangers hitter.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 03:49 PM)
It has nothing to do with Brian Anderson's feelings or mental capacity it has to do with an unfair bias Guillen seems to hold against certain players, specifically the youngsters.

We have zero proof of this. And it's not like he could get away from playing them because they have SUCKED? That wouldn't fit though I guess. If they are good, they play. If they suck, they don't.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 03:59 PM)
That's because they are veterans and professionals, and realize, unlike their manager, that saying whatever you feel like saying, and even being blunt and telling the truth, isn't always the best way to deal with the press. Believe me, Ozzie Guillen could easily be so embarrassed if people mentioned some of the things he's done during his White Sox career, he has tons of skeletons in his closet, and they would be just being honest. You can't tell me the Sox players don't mind any of Ozzie's act.

We can only go on what we know, and what we know is that almost all of them love to play for him.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 08:58 PM)
Why because his classy, veteran players refuse to speak out against their manager? How would that work out for Thome or Konerko? Maybe it's because they have two things Ozzie doesn't, class and Humility.

I'm not saying Ozzie is classy. Far from it. But for all his outspokenness, and foot in mouth comments, I don't think it hurts the team. Would Konerko sign a long term deal, and have guys like Dye and Thome around and want to stick around if Ozzie was hurting the team so much with his comment?

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 04:04 PM)
You know I disagree with that. BTW, congrats on your Cavs ACC season going on.

Man what a year! Playing for ACC Champs on Saturday. Made it a little bit harder to get into baseball this year.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 03:02 PM)
We have zero proof of this. And it's not like he could get away from playing them because they have SUCKED? That wouldn't fit though I guess. If they are good, they play. If they suck, they don't.

It's hard to have proof when I don't know the man personally, it's called speculation and deduction from what we do know, it's basically all we can go on. And I've debated the second part up and down for the past year and a half, I'm really not in the mood to get into it again. If you'd like you can google site:soxtalk Kalapse Guillen and you should get some good answers to that. And if the sucky players didn't play then I'm pretty sure Mackowiak would have been play LF last year.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 04:04 PM)
What we know is most claim to love to play for him. There are some that have no use for him.

Show me some evidence of those some. I can show you tons that say they do. That's all we can go on. Everything else is conjecture and BS

QUOTE(beck72 @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 03:03 PM)
Would Konerko sign a long term deal, and have guys like Dye and Thome around and want to stick around if Ozzie was hurting the team so much with his comment?

I'm assuming it has something to do with all of those guys saying that Ozzie is the best manager theyve ever played for....

but I'm sure that's just media fodder right??

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 04:05 PM)
It's hard to have proof when I don't know the man personally, it's called speculation and deduction from what we do know, it's basically all we can go on. And I've debated the second part up and down for the past year and a half, I'm really not in the mood to get into it again. If you'd like you can google site:soxtalk Kalapse Guillen and you should get some good answers to that. And if the sucky players didn't play then I'm pretty sure Mackowiak would have been play LF last year.

He platooned s***ty ass outfielder Pablo Ozuna (I

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 08:59 PM)
You can't tell me the Sox players don't mind any of Ozzie's act.

Konerko, who re-upped for 5 yrs knowing full well what Ozzie is all about, showed by signing the deal he doesn't care about Ozzie's comments. Konerko knows he isn't a target for Ozzie's media rants. The key is why. He doesn't disrespect certain players because of the way those players go about their business.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 02:51 PM)
Thanks for saying what many of us were thinking.

Living on the border, I thought I was just being super-sensitive to this stuff. And as I was scanning and not seeing it mentioned I figured I was imagining it.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 09:06 PM)
Show me some evidence of those some. I can show you tons that say they do. That's all we can go on. Everything else is conjecture and BS

Some players back Ozzie for sure. Some probably have no use for him but don't want to make any public comments so that there would be retribution for bad mouthing their boss. I'm sure some players do get tired of Ozzie's act, though there won't be evidence in the media

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 04:13 PM)
I have no problem with him ripping on McCarthy, but again, a stupid shot on Anderson. If Ozzie had started the commie that wore #44 in CF everyday in 2006, we'd have made the playoffs, so he should try and not let us remember that even happened.

Uh, no we wouldn't have.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 09:17 PM)
Uh, no we wouldn't have.

We would have had a better chance of making playoffs if Ozzie would have just pulled Vazquez after the 5th inning whenever he pitched. However, we didn't deserve to make the playoffs with how we played in the 2nd half last year, so there's not much more reason to analyze that train wreck.

Just thinking out loud, are all employees counted on and expected to love their boss??

I'd bet 95% of all players in the league are sick of their "manager's act."

How many actually go out of their way to promote that they are playing for the best manager theyve ever had besides a Nefi Perez??

When it comes to gameday, on the field, I highly doubt that any of our players are sitting there thinking about some off the wall comment made by Ozzie at one point another. I know many of us have played competitive sport in our lives and when you are playing games, nothing else matters and you get caught in the competition within the game. If anything, things that are said, should motivate people.

The players who sucked last year didn't suck cause of what Ozzie said. Plain and simple when things are going good, he's a hero, we don't win last year, and he is an a@@.

Im 26 years old and as far as im concerned, Ozzie was a big part of fulfilling a dream of mine, seeing the Sox win the World Series. I do financial analysis and Ozzie manages a baseball team. I won't tell him how to do his job, and I wouldn't listen to him tell me how to do my job.