Rush comments on Oscars

soxwon

Rush Limbaugh commenting on the oscars:

"when Al Gore's two appearances is considered the highlight of the night"

It means it was a totally boring evening.

" if it wasn't for his varicouse veins, the man would be totally colorless"

Said like a true american.

Heck.....on the other side...you got Bill Maher saying the word would be a safer place if Cheney would have been blown up in that attack last week. There are loud mouthed idiots on both sides.

** i don't usually agree with Rush but alot of people who follow the Oscars said it was a pretty lame show.**

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Mar 3, 2007 -> 11:19 PM)
NO, his comments seemed pretty level-headed. Now if he said The Goracle looked hot, then I think drugs would be in play. :D

LOL,

QUOTE(juddling @ Mar 3, 2007 -> 03:04 PM)
Heck.....on the other side...you got Bill Maher saying the word would be a safer place if Cheney would have been blown up in that attack last week. There are loud mouthed idiots on both sides.

** i don't usually agree with Rush but alot of people who follow the Oscars said it was a pretty lame show.**

And then you have Ann Coulter calling John Edwards a f** :huh:

QUOTE(Jim Spencer @ Mar 4, 2007 -> 10:08 AM)
And then you have Ann Coulter calling John Edwards a f** :huh:

And then youhave the three leading GOP candidates distancing themselves from her right afterwards.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/04/us/polit...nyt&emc=rss

WASHINGTON, March 3 — Three of the leading Republican presidential candidates on Saturday denounced one of their party’s best-known conservative commentators for using an antigay epithet when discussing a Democratic presidential contender at a gathering of conservatives here.....

And meanwhile, top Democratic politicians and such will still come on Bill's show, such as Biden, Edwards, Schumar and so on. Any distancing there?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 4, 2007 -> 03:52 PM)
She hasn't been elected for anything by anyone except the major media groups that support her.

i read on the internet that she will be replacing Katie Couric on CBS. should be a nice ratings boost.

You know what I like about this thread? Rush Limbaugh says something that isn't obscene, obnoxious, shocking, threatening, or evil, which was actually sorta funny the first time I heard it before Limbaugh stole the joke, and everyone is so surprised by the fact that it isn't outrageous that it gets its own thread.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 08:40 AM)
I think Rush is a big blowhard and Bill Maehr is a no-talent comedian who found a niche to make money that he never did on the comedy circuit.

My opinion: Both are nothing more than opportunist jerks.

That's probably true, but they are taking those opportunities all the way to the bank.

The problem, to me, is that they both believe their own hype. There's a reason Charlie Rose is the best interviewer on TV...he leaves himself out of it.

And as for Rush's comments at the Oscars? He's just jealous, but expect a movie called "The Convenient Truth: Tales from the other Side."