The 2007 Big Ten Tourney

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Iowa wins the tourney just to ensure that the Illini don't get in. Its a joke that the big ten may actually get 5 teams in. And no I don't think Iowa deserves a bid either, nor does Purdue or Illinois (albeit both deserve a bid more so than Iowa) and I have my doubts about MSU but they'll probably get one (thanks to having a big time win).

Illinois, Iowa, and Purdue should be NIT bound. Funny thing is this year has been a second consecutive very very good coaching job by Alford because he got everything he could out of this quad.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 4, 2007 -> 06:24 PM)
I hope Iowa wins the tourney just to ensure that the Illini don't get in. Its a joke that the big ten may actually get 5 teams in. And no I don't think Iowa deserves a bid either, nor does Purdue or Illinois (albeit both deserve a bid more so than Iowa) and I have my doubts about MSU but they'll probably get one (thanks to having a big time win).

Illinois, Iowa, and Purdue should be NIT bound. Funny thing is this year has been a second consecutive very very good coaching job by Alford because he got everything he could out of this quad.

Illinois, Iowa and Purdue kind of all screwed each other in hoping to get a bid into the tourney. Illinois and Iowa both dont have any credible wins that could warrant them a seed into the tourney. Purdue has two. Purdue hasnt beaten Iowa but Illinois has. Illinois obviously has the better shot due to their position in the Big ten tourney to make the NCAA Tournament. Myself Im a Purdue fan and if the commitee has to choose between them and the Illini the choice should be easy, go with Purdue due to not only Purdue beating up on them but having more credible wins to their resume.

Edited by ChiTown

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 4, 2007 -> 07:36 PM)
It could be another Michigan and Ohio State matchup. I thought Michigan shot themselves in the foot too much yesterday and in their first meeting it was a close game for most of it.

Michigan could be a dangerous team in this tourney. They've played 2 really good games against MSU and OSU, if they can find a way to close the deal, they could make some noise.

Im just hoping MSU some how loses to NU. *Yeah right*

After OSU, they are really the team in the Big 10 I was hoping Wisconsin would not have to face. Right now I think they are going to give some one a ton of trouble in the NCAA tournament. Especially if they get a smaller team that they can just physically punish.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 12:36 AM)
One would have them looking good but it is no guarantee.

i think if illinois beat penn state and iowa beat purdue, illinois would get into the tournament. otherwise, i think illinois will need to beat penn state and indiana to get in.

I think Illinois has to win its first game and not get blown out in the second and they should be fine. Too big of a name, too popular of a program to be left out.

If Purdue wins against Iowa I would not be shocked if they get in as well. At the end of the day the tournament comes down to viewership and money.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 03:36 PM)
I think Illinois has to win its first game and not get blown out in the second and they should be fine. Too big of a name, too popular of a program to be left out.

If Purdue wins against Iowa I would not be shocked if they get in as well. At the end of the day the tournament comes down to viewership and money.

popular program, since when???

Illinois not getting a bye is a HUGE blessing in disguise IMO, they'll beat Penn State and get in I think. Plus, they can beat Indiana in a game played in Chicago for sure I think, but then again I haven't thought much of Indiana all year so I'm biased, but I'd rather see them than Wisky, Ohio State, MSU, or even Purdue.

And Jimbo, since when?? What the hell are you talking about, Illinois has one of the most popular basketball programs in the nation, regardless of how you feel about them.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 04:00 PM)
Illinois not getting a bye is a HUGE blessing in disguise IMO, they'll beat Penn State and get in I think. Plus, they can beat Indiana in a game played in Chicago for sure I think, but then again I haven't thought much of Indiana all year so I'm biased, but I'd rather see them than Wisky, Ohio State, MSU, or even Purdue.

Id have to agree with you, Illinois getting the 6 spot is a blessing one more win for their resume, just hope they dont get beat by Penn St again.

Well, Penn St. pulled out to an early 13-2 lead but Illinois is now up 41-25 and looks well on their way to playing Indiana for the third time this year. The question now is does Illinois have to beat IU or at least keep it close or will this be enough to get them in?

QUOTE(The Bones @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 05:17 PM)
Well, Penn St. pulled out to an early 13-2 lead but Illinois is now up 41-25 and looks well on their way to playing Indiana for the third time this year. The question now is does Illinois have to beat IU or at least keep it close or will this be enough to get them in?

And after make this post, psu 8-0 run :bang

As far as your question, beat IU and you are in, lose and it's gonna be one hell of a bubble watch that i'm not looking forward to.

Edited by IlliniKrush