The 2007 Big Ten Tourney

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 05:59 PM)
/recovers from f***ing heart attack

The problem is Penn State could go out and have fun. If they win, great. If they lose, whatev.

Indiana has a little more to play for. Yes, they are in the tourney, but they are playing for seed and location. Illinois is playing for their lives. I expect a very tight, low scoring ugly game.

Whew...anyways, i'll be at the game tomorrow night to hopefully cheer the Illini into the tournament. I think that they'll still be in if they lose tomorrow unless some teams like Nevada, Xavier, etc. don't win their conference tourneys. Or if some teams like West Virginia, Michigan can continue to advance in their conference tourneys.

Illinois played Indiana tough both times this year winning at home, and almost pulling it off in Bloomington, and I expect this one to go down to the wire as well.

Just got back from the BTT, Lot of fun, hopefully I can go again tommorrow. As for Illinois, I don't think they played too bad. The only reason the game was even close is because Mike Walker decided he was God, and there was nothing the Illini could do about it.

Jeremy Nash just pulled a complete choke job for NU. I guess that is expected though.

I'll be in the 3rd row of the UD for the night session tomorrow with MSU/Wisky and Illinois/IU. I think the Illini, all things considered, are probably in despite today's horrible performance, but a win over the banner pointers would ensure it, and it's always nice to beat them, so hopefully they play better.

Am I the only one seriously irritated by the loose, clanky rims?

Overall, it has been the type of game I figured it would be. I am disappointed that IU did not finish the half stronger. I thought we had an opportunity to put some distance between them and they failed to do so.

The second half will continue to be hard fought with lots of contact, pressure defense and diving for loose balls.

Go Hoosiers!

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 10, 2007 -> 04:42 AM)
Who in the heck are you going to put over them? MSU, UI, IU, Wisconsin and OSU are all legit tourney teams, there is no denying this.

It's more that I think besides the top two, the other teams aren't very good. I know that they're going to get 5, but in no way do I think Purdue deserves to make it unless they win tomorrow.