Official ST Game Thread Sox vs Cubs, 3/4/07

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 4, 2007 -> 02:09 PM)
The cubs cannot stop overhyping some of the worst players ever. How can you sit there and say Cliff Floyd is a great player, when the guy hasnt touched the field for you yet. And calling the cubs a good team already is starting to make me sick. Newsflash: your team blows.

Hell, at some point, I'm even one who's willing to suspend disbelief...that's the job of these guys! It's a spring training game...the job of these guys right now is to generate some hype for the team, whether or not it's justified. That's why you get interviews with both Pinella and Trammel, that's why you get repeated mentions of all the new guys, etc.

Yeah, sometimes it's gonna get annoying, but we're better off just putting up with it and ignoring it. If you let the fact that the Cubs announcers are trying to be positive in spring training get to you...then you're gonna wind up with some anger management issues pretty darn soon.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 4, 2007 -> 04:12 PM)
Hell, at some point, I'm even one who's willing to suspend disbelief...that's the job of these guys! It's a spring training game...the job of these guys right now is to generate some hype for the team, whether or not it's justified. That's why you get interviews with both Pinella and Trammel, that's why you get repeated mentions of all the new guys, etc.

Yeah, sometimes it's gonna get annoying, but we're better off just putting up with it and ignoring it. If you let the fact that the Cubs announcers are trying to be positive in spring training get to you...then you're gonna wind up with some anger management issues pretty darn soon.

plus, Cliff Floyd is a good player