Overrated

southsider2k5

I would say that remains to be seen..

I'd agree. I think it would of been awesome for the Sox, because we would of held onto Kip and if Kip pitched the way he did with the Pirates we would of been huge winners.

But who knows if Kip would of came through under Cooper. Garland can still turn into something good. He also could land us something good via trade.

I dont get why we always want to sell. We are definitely in the hunt for the division! We need to get rid of guys using "Addition by Subtraction" We subtract Jimenz, Valentin, Rowand, Colon, and Konerko, and get godd players in return!

I dont get why we always want to sell. We are definitely in the hunt for the division! We need to get rid of guys using "Addition by Subtraction" We subtract Jimenz, Valentin, Rowand, Colon, and Konerko, and get godd players in return!

The thing is, if these guys aren't the ones helping the Sox, then why are other teams going to give us really good pieces for them, especially considering they have high salaries.

Those guys won't bring much anything of value in return, imo. Only shot of getting someone good is maybe for Jose if you pick up his salary. It may be best letting Jose walk and hope you get a type A compensation for him or at least 2nd round type stuff.

The thing is, if these guys aren't the ones helping the Sox, then why are other teams going to give us really good pieces for them, especially considering they have high salaries.

Those guys won't bring much anything of value in return, imo.  Only shot of getting someone good is maybe for Jose if you pick up his salary.  It may be best letting Jose walk and hope you get a type A compensation for him or at least 2nd round type stuff.

I don't think we would get type A for Jose after the #'s he has put up this year. Maybe a second or third round pick...

Tejada is terribly overrated this season: can't hit, can't field, can't run, is going to cost a pretty penny in the off-season.

Griffey has been VERY human in the last 3 years: can't run, merely good hitting and only defense saves him from being a complete bust.

Juiceless/corkless Sammy Sooser has been nothing but a Greg Vaughn clone in the last 2 seasons.

Mike Hampton and Edgardo Alfonzo aren't all that either.

There must be more. Say what about Paul Konerko?