All Hail -- Jennifer Hudson Day in Chicago

retro1983hat

Am I the only one that finds it odd that an American Idol reject and winner of Best SUPPORTING Actress gets an official day from the city, including the need to close down streets?

Maybe this is to show the Olympic people we can throw a party, but this feels like we are welcoming home someone to Dirtbox, KY, not Chicago.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 12:09 PM)
It took a few minutes, but "Dirtbox, KY" got a pretty damn good chuckle out of me! I'll be laughing about that one as I fall asleep tonight for sure.

Indeed, my vocabulary has really expanded quite a bit in my time here on ST. :bang

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 10:54 AM)
Am I the only one that finds it odd that an American Idol reject and winner of Best SUPPORTING Actress gets an official day from the city, including the need to close down streets?

Maybe this is to show the Olympic people we can throw a party, but this feels like we are welcoming home someone to Dirtbox, KY, not Chicago.

I think you are making a mountian out of a molehill. Chicago does this kind of stuff a lot. Heck, you could get a street named after you if you have enough money.

What a letdown.

I work downtown, and I decided to take a walk during my lunch break.

And I must ask you:

Why is there NO f***ing parade for JENNIFER HUDSON DAY?????

And after I brought little Jennifer Hudson-shaped cookies (well, okay, they weren't exactly little) to work and everything!!

I'd have brought a mix CD of her greatest hits, if I'd ever heard a single goddamned note she ever sang.

Everyone at work was telling their favorite stories about never meeting her or knowing anything about her.

It's too bad she'll have disappeared by this time next year - Jennifer Hudson Day is a HOOT!!!

Man, I don't know about YOU guys, but I am hung over like a motherf***er after all those Jennifer Hudson Day parties!!!

DAMN!

Step aside, St. Patrick's Day!! Move over, New Year's Eve!!!

There's a NEW drinkin' holiday in town, and it's name is

JENNIFER!

HUDSON!!

DAY!!!!

....recognize, b****es....

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 04:58 PM)
What a letdown.

I work downtown, and I decided to take a walk during my lunch break.

And I must ask you:

Why is there NO f***ing parade for JENNIFER HUDSON DAY?????

And after I brought little Jennifer Hudson-shaped cookies (well, okay, they weren't exactly little) to work and everything!!

I'd have brought a mix CD of her greatest hits, if I'd ever heard a single goddamned note she ever sang.

Everyone at work was telling their favorite stories about never meeting her or knowing anything about her.

It's too bad she'll have disappeared by this time next year - Jennifer Hudson Day is a HOOT!!!

[green]uruguay.jpg[/green]

;)

I'm already planning for next JHD. I am taking the day before and day after off for planning and recovery.

Hey JHD only comes but once a year. Unfortunately, I have to return a few of my JHD gifts that didn't fit. Oh those day after Jennnifer Hudson Day return lines. I knew I should've got to the mall at 6am to avoid the crowds.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 7, 2007 -> 01:01 PM)
I'm already planning for next JHD. I am taking the day before and day after off for planning and recovery.

Hey JHD only comes but once a year. Unfortunately, I have to return a few of my JHD gifts that didn't fit. Oh those day after Jennnifer Hudson Day return lines. I knew I should've got to the mall at 6am to avoid the crowds.

I just think JHDay has gotten too commercial, and we as a society have forgotten the true meaning of Jennifer Hudson Day. I mean, just look around your neighborhoods - the decorations have barely come down from Carrie Underwood Day when the newspapers are FLOODED with pre-JHDay sales advertisements!

Now that Jennifer Hudson Day has passed, how long until we see the inflatable Ruben Studdards popping up all over town?

No one stops to smell the marginally talented singers anymore.....

[Note: I wanted so badly to have Carrie Underwood Day be Clay Aiken Day, but I didn't want to see that Homer Simpson map again!]

:lolhitting

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 10:54 AM)

I agree, I was almost shocked when I heard that, felt like I lived in some small town in Nebraska

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 11:38 AM)
They had something on the news last night about her again, something about a new job she was given. Anybody know what it is?

I believe it was a spokesperson contract with a cosmetics company.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 10:38 AM)
Hey, when The Go-Go's were big nobody wanted to see Belinda naked either. Don't knock what 15 years can do for some people.

(this being said...I, for the life of me, can't remember what Jennifer Hudson even looks like facially)

Hell, at my age I may not want to see ANY woman naked in 15 years, so JH better get hot quicker than THAT....

:bang