The GM thread

Soxplosion

I dont have much time left to be online now, but Im starting this thread just so all posters can come up with possible trades. Id like them to be serious (help the Sox and help them, the ideal trade) but if you feel the need to come up with completely insane trades, go ahead. Ill participate on this thread when I get back...

so much for ACTUAl trades. You know in the Major Leagues!

Colon

Lee

Valentin

Prospect

for

Fossum

Nixon

Sanchez

Rowand

Rauch

for

Pierre

Jimenez

2 Prospects

for

Castillo

2 Prospects

for

Weaver

I just don't see the Red Sox giving up all of those guys.  Maybe one of them, but I'd be shocked if you see Fossum and Sanchez moved together.  Would really surprise me to see Sanchez moved at all.

Agreed, Sanchez will most likely be the everyday second baseman for the Red Sox next season.

The Colorado Rockies have several top quality prospects, one of whom might be available for pitching. The kid I have in mind is outfielder Rene Reyes who is at AAA Colorado Springs. Now hitting around .350 and he has hit everywhere he has been. The Rocky outfield is set. Don't laugh, but if they can win a few on the road before the All Star break, they will think they have a shot. It would take a low priced pitcher who can step in and help now - someone like Garland who throws a good sinker. Reyes can step in and start for us right now. It would take some balls, but this kid can hit. Rockies have no financial flexibility. They would love to get rid of Todd Jones and his $3MM salary, since he can't get anybody out.

The Colorado Rockies have several top quality prospects, one of whom might be available for pitching.  The kid I have in mind is outfielder Rene Reyes who is at AAA Colorado Springs.  Now hitting around .350 and he has hit everywhere he has been.  The Rocky outfield is set.  Don't laugh, but if they can win a few on the road before the All Star break, they will think they have a shot.  It would take a low priced pitcher who can step in and help now - someone like Garland who throws a good sinker.  Reyes can step in and start for us right now.  It would take some balls, but this kid can hit.  Rockies have no financial flexibility.  They would love to get rid of Todd Jones and his $3MM salary, since he can't get anybody out.

There's no reason to trade Garland, he is turning the corner with 6 of his last 7 being quality starts.

Agreed, Sanchez will most likely be the everyday second baseman for the Red Sox next season.

As they get down the stretch the question is how badly do they want to win it all. Is Sanchez worth a shot at the WS? They might jump all over it if they are even with the Yankees.

SI: That Esposito trade is the worst trade of all time, any sport. Not just for the players involved, but that trade probably took 250-400 goals away from Bobby Hull, who had to play for years with Chico Maki as his center. If Hull had remained linemates with Phil, they might never have broken his records. Why did you remind me of this trade. It is worse than the Brock trade.

SI:  That Esposito trade is the worst trade of all time, any sport.  Not just for the players involved, but that trade probably took 250-400 goals away from Bobby Hull, who had to play for years with Chico Maki as his center.  If Hull had remained linemates with Phil, they might never have broken his records.  Why did you remind me of this trade.  It is worse than the Brock trade.

I agree completely. It is the worst trade in the history of professional sports. Sorry for the bad memories. I was just feeling mischevious and knew the good posters would get this thread back on track real quick.

A turkey sandwich with yellow peppers and mayo for a club with horse-radish mustard on it. I think that's a fair trade.

And if we could get Zambrano from the Cubs over here....I'd trade almost anyone to get him....key word there being almost. If we got Cruz in the deal as well, I'd even give them Borchard(kind of bold, but for Zambrano and Cruz, I would. It isn't happening, because Borchard will not help the Cubs down the stretch....just something I wanted to say).

A turkey sandwich with yellow peppers and mayo for a club with horse-radish mustard on it.  I think that's a fair trade.

And if we could get Zambrano from the Cubs over here....I'd trade almost anyone to get him....key word there being almost.  If we got Cruz in the deal as well, I'd even give them Borchard(kind of bold, but for Zambrano and Cruz, I would.  It isn't happening, because Borchard will not help the Cubs down the stretch....just something I wanted to say).

Borchard won't be traded, case closed.

A turkey sandwich with yellow peppers and mayo for a club with horse-radish mustard on it.  I think that's a fair trade.

And if we could get Zambrano from the Cubs over here....I'd trade almost anyone to get him....key word there being almost.  If we got Cruz in the deal as well, I'd even give them Borchard(kind of bold, but for Zambrano and Cruz, I would.  It isn't happening, because Borchard will not help the Cubs down the stretch....just something I wanted to say).

Borchard won't be traded, case closed.

I agree. I was just saying that I would trade Borchard for Zambrano and Cruz. Wouldn't you?

A SS2k3...anyway the Marlins can save money is good for them....and if they knew they were getting a replacement for Castillo, I'm sure it would make it easier to pull the trigger. However, we'd have to give them more then just Jimenez to get Castillo....possibly Rauch or someone like that.

What would you ather do?

Castillo for Jimenez and Rauch

or

Castillo for Jimenez and Almonte

We'd have to give them more then just Jimenez and Almonte for Castillo. IIRC, Almonte is 26, meaning, he is not a prospect anymore. We'd have to give them Almonte, Ginter, and Sanders or something like that.

Doesn't Boston have that twenty something GM. Seems like a real bright guy that is not taken easily. Lots of posters have been anxious to make a deal with the BoSox it seems.

The Red Sox have some pretty good middle infield prospects that are rated better then Sanchez. Sanchez gets a lot of action while Fossum is a reliever.

Thats why I think they'd give them up if the offer was right. In all honesty though, there are way better middle infield prospects then Freddy, but he seems like he could be had and the Sox and Red Sox seem to be good partners as do the Sox and Giants and even Angels.