How many games...

SoxFan1

will the Tigers lose the division by? They are already 21.5 games out and not even hallf the season has passed. They will be doing a firesale very soon. Maybe we can get one of their good players. Wait, they have no good players. Oh well! This is the worst start in franchise history! 18-55, pitiful!

will the Tigers lose the division by? They are already 21.5 games out and not even hallf the season has passed. They will be doing a firesale very soon. Maybe we can get one of their good players. Wait, they have no good players. Oh well! This is the worst start in franchise history! 18-55, pitiful!

They are actually behind the pace to have the least wins in history. 40-120 is the old mark. (.250) they are currently playing .247 ball.

I wouldn't mock them.

In a few years they will be good, they will rebuild, in fact they are in the midst of it.

There will no "firesale" because they are rebuilding.

That was us in 1970 and a few years since.

It is really sad to see a franchise in such shape, especially a historic rival. I want to beat them every game but a team in their shape is no fun for anyone. Give them a few years - they have the GM and the manager to do for them for happened for us following 1970/

Yes, the same Tigers who are 3-3 against the our Mighty Sox in the last 6 games...

Firesale?  Do YOU want anyone on the Tigers?  I sure as hell don't. 

And I'll say they lose the division by 45 games.

The fire sale is done with the Tigers. Now they just have to wait out the bad contracts to guys like Easley, and Higgenson. They do have a lot of young talented pitching that will be the backbone of that team for a while.

Firesale?  Do YOU want anyone on the Tigers?  I sure as hell don't. 

And I'll say they lose the division by 45 games.

The fire sale is done with the Tigers. Now they just have to wait out the bad contracts to guys like Easley, and Higgenson. They do have a lot of young talented pitching that will be the backbone of that team for a while.

You need some offense to have a good team. They have none and I'm not sure they'll have any in a few years. Maybe if their owner(who also happens to own another Detroit franchise which has done considerably better in the past 6 years or so) sold the Tigers, he could then concentrate on his apparent real interest, and a guy that will actually spend money will come in and buy the Tigers, spend $70 mill a year, bring in a ton of FA's, and before you know it, they're kicking our asses just like they did in in years past.

The fire sale is done with the Tigers.  Now they just have to wait out the bad contracts to guys like Easley, and Higgenson.  They do have a lot of young talented pitching that will be the backbone of that team for a while.

Easley was cut before the season, a sign the Tigs are serious about cutting losses and moving on into the future. I don't think anyone in Detroit is down on Higginson. If their GM and manager stay the course, they should be a contender in a few years.

The fire sale is done with the Tigers.  Now they just have to wait out the bad contracts to guys like Easley, and Higgenson.  They do have a lot of young talented pitching that will be the backbone of that team for a while.

Easley was cut before the season, a sign the Tigs are serious about cutting losses and moving on into the future. I don't think anyone in Detroit is down on Higginson. If their GM and manager stay the course, they should be a contender in a few years.

They may not be down on Higginson, but there is no question his contract is bad and he is being overpaid big time. He might be a solid player, but he doesn't deserve to make what he is making.

Easley and Higgenson are getting almost $20 million from the Tigers this year. :o Also on that list is Matt Anderson.

Guest hotsoxchick1

we better be more worried at how many games it will take for us to keep out of last place.... i dont care what the tigers are doing as long as they are below us in the rankings.........we need to keep kc and minnysoda in our sights and gun for them and not worry about whats beneath us......... ;)

Easley and Higgenson are getting almost $20 million from the Tigers this year. :o Also on that list is Matt Anderson.

Don't make any difference what Easley is paid, he was cut from the team in the spring. As in, he does not play for Detroit, he only gets checks from thm. That was sign to the fans that the Tigs were going to bear the costs of rebuilding and everything was future oriented and the debris of the past was gone, gone, gone.

Again, Easley was cut, released, discarded, thrown out, eliminated, taken off the 40 player roster permanenty, termiated with extreme prejudice, before the season started. Easley does not play for the Tigers. Actually I thought he was playing in Florida now but I could be wrong about that. I know for sure he is off, gone, removed from, cast off, apart from the Tigs. Regardless of what they pay him to stay away, not pick up a bat in old English D uniform, and in general come no where with a 75 miles radius of wherever the Tigers happen to be.

That was considered good news in Tigertown. For them, it was there version of getting rid of Clayton.

Higgy is a fan favorite and is overpaid no more than say PK or St JosE6 or others on various MLB teams. He is yet productive and considered a good mentor for the younger guys.

Firesale? They have nothing to sell. The Tigers had their massive firesale last year, and our in a long rebuilding stage.

CWSOX45