Tucson Golf

Chi Town Sox

Went golfing to three courses when I was there last year.

Arizona national was top notch. Beautiful course. Be sure to play the 18th from the black tees. I don't normally play from the blacks, but the cart lady told us we had to go up there and she was right. The view was awesome and I ended up with a par on that hole...so rock on cart lady!!!

Starr Pass was also beautiful, but extremely difficult. If you're left or right you're in the desert, bring a lot of balls.

Both of these courses are pretty expensive...We we're able to get an employee rate($69 instead of $199) at Starr Pass cause my buddy worked for Marriott and then we did a twilight at Arizona National ($85.00). I don't remember if Starr Pass had a twilight, but if I were you, I would look into it. Also you better start trying to book your tee times.

For some cheaper courses check out the public courses We golfed Randolph($51) last year and it was pretty decent. It's similar to a golf course out here. Open fairways and lots of trees. It wasn't a desert course, and after playing Starr Pass the day before I was relieved.

Starr Pass

starr%201.jpg

starr%202.jpg

starr%203.jpg

starr%204.jpg

starr%205.jpg

Randolph

Randolph%201.jpg

Arizona National

Arizona%20National%201.jpg

Arizona%20National%202.jpg

Arizona%20National%2018%20tee.jpg

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 09:36 AM)
if you hit it off the fairway, keep your eyes open for rattlesnakes. I have an Aunt that lives in Tucson and have golfed a little out there, and you do hear/see them

Yeah they warned us about the rattlesnakes before we teed off. Even if I was like 2 feet off the fairway...I left the ball alone.

Do Javalina's look like wild pigs? Our cab driver almost hit one of those on the way home one night. He jerked and swerved off the road to avoid it. We were like what the f*** was that? He answered, but none of us could understand him.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 09:49 AM)
Yeah they warned us about the rattlesnakes before we teed off. Even if I was like 2 feet off the fairway...I left the ball alone.

Do Javalina's look like wild pigs? Our cab driver almost hit one of those on the way home one night. He jerked and swerved off the road to avoid it. We were like what the f*** was that? He answered, but none of us could understand him.

Yeah, they can get freaking huge and will charge you. Serious stuff.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 10:13 AM)
Yeah, they can get freaking huge and will charge you. Serious stuff.

I almost hit one once while golfing on AZ. I had no idea what the hell that was, looked like a pig, but jumped like a grasshopper when my ball went whizzing by its head. it wasn't there when I started to swing, but was there when my worm-burner went screaming down the fairway. All in all a very interesting experience.