Rowand to the Sox??

Rockabilly

Damn, we wouldn't lose a game. Erstad AND Rowand on the same team? Can you say best record ever? Seriously, though, with their grinder-i-goodness and chemistry just beaming from their chests, the Sox would probably go 152-10.

I'm getting the noose ready for all the intangible references we'd hear this season if we got Rowand.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 10:52 AM)
Oh f***ing great. Another Rowand thread.

Well, my day's ruined. Thanks Sun Times. How about the rest of you?

^^^^^^^^

Totally agree. The love affair with Rowand is nauseating now. This will be my only post in this thread because I want to see it disappear. Rowand is NOT coming back to the White Sox. We got another grinder player, and his name is Erstad. IMO, there is absolutely no point or reason for Rowand with Erstad around.

frank (allentown, pa)

Any truth the rumors of the phillies trading lieber to toronto and rowand to the white sox for an outfielder and relief help?

JAYSON STARK

There's definite smoke there, in both cases. But we're a long way from anything happening. I can't see the Blue Jays trading Alexis Rios for Jon Lieber. That's one big component. They'd think about it for Brett Myers, maybe. But there are missing pieces on that end. And I can't see the Phillies dealing Rowand for any old middle reliever. They would need someone like Mike MacDougal back. That's a guy the White Sox don't want to give up. So is something up? Yes. Do I see those deals going down as rumored? No.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 02:10 PM)
A-Row coming back.

This is like Van Halen reunion talk.

Everyone says it is going to happen.

Never does.

Have you seen Eddie Van Halen lately? Wish I put him in my Dead Pool cuz he won't be around much longer:

Eddie

And the Sox have no room for Rowand anywhere! I'd rather see BA out there snagging flyballs and learning how to hit more cuz Rowand ain't getting any better!

:puke

if it costs anything more than garbage, it's a horrendous trade. He'll undoubtedly start, which would be just an absolutely terrible idea, especially if it's Erstad-Rowand-Dye in the OF. It would be good defensively, but so would Erstad-Anderson-Dye.

He'd likely run himself into a wall and the Sox would have Anderson in CF by mid-May anyways, so I guess I'm not overly concerned.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 12:53 PM)
Have you seen Eddie Van Halen lately? Wish I put him in my Dead Pool cuz he won't be around much longer:

Eddie

And the Sox have no room for Rowand anywhere! I'd rather see BA out there snagging flyballs and learning how to hit more cuz Rowand ain't getting any better!

Eddie went into rehab this week--THANK GOD--so there's still hope for him yet. Let's hope it takes this time.

You're the best, TQ. :cheers

Young baseball fans, listen to what this guy has to say.

Make sure to check your PMs over the next couple of weeks. Real baseball is right around the corner.

[/quote

Ian my friend lets hook up this year. Hope school went well. Say hi to pops for me.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 09:35 AM)
If we can give up a Tracey, a Phillips or B prospects like that then its no risk. Giving up a Masset, a Logan, or MacDougal is just too much of a price to pay.

I was not a big fan of Rowand when he was here, hitting 235 and 245 in the stretch run. His defense while spectacular during the Yankee series, was poor at the end of the season when he was breaking back on flyballs and then running like a madman to makeup for the fact that he played the swing, and not the ball. The best thing he will bring back to me, is his attitude and his friendship with the team.

I wouldn't have a problem with that type of deal at all. The problem is I think the Phillies would want more, based on prior times Rowand's name has been involved in trade talks.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 09:15 AM)
You're the best, TQ. :cheers

Young baseball fans, listen to what this guy has to say.

Make sure to check your PMs over the next couple of weeks. Real baseball is right around the corner.

You're better than that, Ian. People who say "everyone of our minor leaguers suck" are as bad as the people who refuse to trade any of them. I'm a big Aaron Rowand fan(duh) but I don't think it makes any sense at all to trade back for the guy.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 04:26 PM)
I wouldn't have a problem with that type of deal at all. The problem is I think the Phillies would want more, based on prior times Rowand's name has been involved in trade talks.

they probably read all these threads and think we would give up the farm for Rowand!

If the sox could get Rowand back for Logan and change, the sox would do it in a heartbeat. I wonder if the Sox would give up Aardsma as part of a package, though Logan wouldn't be included. If Rowand came back, Anderson would then be dealt, probably to FLA for some young arms.

Rowand would give the sox some speed and consistent AB's at the bottom of the lineup [esp vs LHP which the sox were horrible last yr against and have a lot more to face again this yr]. Anderson's bat is still a question mark, not to mention Uribe's bat. Uribe's glove is needed more than Anderson's, and the sox have few options at SS. Rowand in CF would stabilize the OF. Erstad isn't a long term option in CF, but could help in LF.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 05:43 PM)
^^^^^^^^

Totally agree. The love affair with Rowand is nauseating now. This will be my only post in this thread because I want to see it disappear. Rowand is NOT coming back to the White Sox. We got another grinder player, and his name is Erstad. IMO, there is absolutely no point or reason for Rowand with Erstad around.

I wouldn't be so sure. The sox may have Erstad. But they only have 1 true CFer and Anderson's it. Anderson's defense is very good. But his bat is still a big question mark. If the Sox could get Rowand for a decent price--why overpay for him---it makes sense for the lineup and the defense. The bottom of the order could get very ugly with Uribe and Anderson down there. Rowand hitting 8th or 9th would make the offense that much stronger. Esp. vs LHP.

Erstad will see a lot of time in LF, some time in CF even with Rowand. Not to mention getting Gload's AB's. Depending too much on Erstad is a very risky proposition.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 08:21 PM)
If the sox could get Rowand back for Logan and change, the sox would do it in a heartbeat. I wonder if the Sox would give up Aardsma as part of a package, though Logan wouldn't be included. If Rowand came back, Anderson would then be dealt, probably to FLA for some young arms.

So, when Rowand's contract expires after 2007, who exactly will replace him? It's ridiculous to trade Anderson because we couldn't possibly receive anything of value.

Considering all the faith Williams and his staff have put into Anderson, they should atleast give him an opportunity. They're the ones who would appear foolish dealing Rowand and Young, then again reacquiring Rowand because the one OF you kept turned out bad.