Rowand to the Sox??

Rockabilly

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 02:15 PM)
I believe he was also accused of molesting priests when he was an alter boy.

yea, i heard that too. i also heard his mix tape, that he gave ozzie, contained 2 'Hootie and the Blowfish 'songs. everyone knows ozzie hates that band which leads me to beleive Anderson did that on purpose just to disrespect oz.

1) BA threatened to molest Ozzie's dog.

2) He went on stage and said degrading things about minorities.

3) He went panty-less at a club, then shaved his head.

4) He wore Depends and drove from Chicago to Arizona to eliminate Darin Erstad.

5) He took pictures of Buehrle in a Cardinals jersey and cap at last year's World Series.

6) He's the real father of Anna Nicole's baby, even though Ozzie says that he is.

Edited by knightni

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, Aaron Rowand is available in the right deal. And yes, the White Sox spent a lot of time scouting the Phillies this spring. But those rumblings of a Rowand-for-Boone Logan swap are about as preposterous as trade rumors get. Clubs that have talked with both teams say the White Sox won't move "any significant bullpen piece." And the Phillies are "not interested in moving their center fielder for a sixth-inning guy." … Incidentally, here's one baseball man's assessment of the oft-rumored Rowand-for-Scott Linebrink deal: "Completely dead."
Jayson Stark.

Supposedly the Phils are asking for a package around MacDougal and not Boone Logan. I would tell the Phils to hit the bricks. No way in hell I give up Mac.

This is from Troy Renck...seen this on MLBtradrumours site.

Renck does not think the Phils truly want to use Jon Lieber as a reliever, and mentions two scenarios floating around. Lieber could be paired with Aaron Rowand and sent to the White Sox, which I would think would require at least Mike MacDougal. Would be interesting to see Liebs back in Chicago if old pals KW and "Stand Pat" Gillick can work it out

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 04:56 PM)
Renck does not think the Phils truly want to use Jon Lieber as a reliever, and mentions two scenarios floating around. Lieber could be paired with Aaron Rowand and sent to the White Sox, which I would think would require at least Mike MacDougal. Would be interesting to see Liebs back in Chicago if old pals KW and "Stand Pat" Gillick can work it out

That'd be terrible. I'm tired of hearing about deals involving Leiber and/or Rowand. Both are hardly better options than anything we currently have in the organization.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 06:33 PM)
That'd be terrible. I'm tired of hearing about deals involving Leiber and/or Rowand. Both are hardly better options than anything we currently have in the organization.

Even if they we're better options, why the hell would they weaken the pen by taking out a guy like Mac? Especially after who they traded to get him.

This a quite the silly rumor.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 08:55 PM)
I heard this rumor on the radio.

The Sox will trade Mackoviac and Boone Logan for Aaron Rowand.

Then we'll trade Rowand for Brandon McCarthy.

Take it for what it's worth.

hell yea! pull the trigger Kenny!

QUOTE(greg775 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 08:55 PM)

Huh? I doubt the Rowand for McCarthy part of ever happens. Must be some fan speculating nonsense. I can see the first part happening unfortunately.

Bob

QUOTE(greg775 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 01:55 AM)

Who is then taken and shipped of to Arizona as we reaquire Chris Young.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 03:55 AM)
Who is then taken and shipped of to Arizona as we reaquire Chris Young.

who is taken and shipped to Seattle for Jeremy Reed. who is then taken and shipped to Florida for Miguel Olivo!!! Welcome back Mr. OLIVO!