March 9th: White Sox vs. Arizona

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 12:53 PM)
I know, I know...its Spring Training, working on pitches..blah blah blah....but..

Is it too much for one of our guys, just once, to go out there and have some success against Arizona?

The last time we played Arizona in the regular season, didn't we absolutely murder them in 1 game? Like it was the 2nd game in a row where Arizona had allowed 11 runs or something like that, back in 05?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 03:05 PM)
The last time we played Arizona in the regular season, didn't we absolutely murder them in 1 game? Like it was the 2nd game in a row where Arizona had allowed 11 runs or something like that, back in 05?

Russ Ortiz met Frank Thomas and Juan Uribe. The D-Backs won that series however after Contreras got destroyed in the 1st game of the series (I was there) and Vazquez got the win over El Duque (who got roughed up) in game 2.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 03:05 PM)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...esox-navigation

Game 1: lost 8-1

Game 2: lost 10-4

Game 3: won 12-6

That was an ugly series for the Sox

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 03:10 PM)

I remember that series all too well.

John Danks on in relief of Garland.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 03:13 PM)
Bases loaded, none out..and 1 run...

Lollerskaters, this IS the White Sox team I know and love

Mr Anderson had two huge cuts, trying to hit a f***ing home run when all we need is a single. I guess Anderson is working on the post-ASB form.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 03:29 PM)
Danks is really working his way into the 5th starter mix.

If we're really serious about Danks, he should be starting games from this point forward. When you come into a game after the starter, there's a chance several of the opposing team's players may have been replaced. He should be giving our coaches a good look against legitimate major league talent.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 03:35 PM)
I still really don't want to rush this kid...

Either do I.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 03:37 PM)
If we're really serious about Danks, he should be starting games from this point forward. When you come into a game after the starter, there's a chance several of the opposing team's players may have been replaced. He should be giving our coaches a good look against legitimate major league talent.

You've got a good point.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 01:45 PM)
2nd DP turned behind Danks ends this afternoon. He just completed his third scoreless inning.

If Boone Logan wasn't here and acting like Boone Logan last year, I might be tempted to call Danks this year's ST Boone Logan.