The Midwest Bracket (St. Louis)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to see a game start this way but if Wisconsin can get it under 10 at half I really think they can come back.

They have shot as bad as possible and are not out of the game yet so if some shots start falling Wisconsin should be fine. Better to get your cold game out in the first round.

Cut it to 8 at half and 2 fouls on their best player. This game should not be close but Wisconsin got sloppy and started launching 3s. Ever since they have gone aggressively to the basket its been an entirely different game.

It also is much easier to fast break when a team is luanching 3s that shoot out long rebounds, versus pounding the paint.

Wow that was a brutal call against Notre Dame. Should have definitely been a charge and not a block.

Great finish to this game and its going to ruin a couple brackets in the pool I'm in (not mine though, although I did have ND winning this game).

ND is toast....Winthrop going to be moving on. Up 7, with one more freethrow to shoot and just under 30 seconds left.

Pulling hard for the Islanders. That way, even though I have Wiscky in the Final Four, Iowa State will no longer be the last 2 to lose to a 15.

Wisconsin's style of play doesn't lend to them getting back into this game unless CC just stops hitting.

And I open my mouth, and Wisky within 4.

Well Wisconsin decided that they werent just going to settle for 3's in the second half and have really driven towards the rim. I think playing Oden last week screwed them up mentally because they were thinking that every time they drove they were going to have some monster in there face. Now they are realizing they are just to quick and strong for AM.

Plus the other team is just beat. In the first half they were contesting every shot, now they are leaving Mr. Iowa Bohannon open and hes 10x the 3point shooter of anyone else on the team. As long as he gets quality looks the Badgers will score points.

The problems come against a team like OSU or MSU who will play premiter defense the entire game and never give those open looks.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 01:56 PM)
Well Kam Taylor decides to earn his scholarship.

Taylor seems to come up big. He hit a lot of clutch shots in the games I saw. Wiscy starting to look like they have things under control and I'd have to think that right now Texas is going to be really from a mental point of view.