The Midwest Bracket (St. Louis)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)
:lol:

Figured green wasn't necessary.

I felt you were kidding, but was just clarifying it.

*This game is over, barring any miracle.

Congrats Florida

Edited by ChWRoCk2

Florida is toast now that they aren't in that ridiculously easy bracket. They are fortunate that only half of the Oregon guards showed up, and that Humphrey and Green shot it that well. Ah well, this was my upset region anyways. No fun to pick all chalk. UCLA gets their shot at revenge now, and I like their chances now that Afflalo woke up and that they beat a team better than Florida last game.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 04:11 PM)
Florida is toast now that they aren't in that ridiculously easy bracket. They are fortunate that only half of the Oregon guards showed up, and that Humphrey and Green shot it that well. Ah well, this was my upset region anyways. No fun to pick all chalk. UCLA gets their shot at revenge now, and I like their chances now that Afflalo woke up and that they beat a team better than Florida last game.

Yea the defending national champs are toast. They only have every starter back and thats just not what it takes to win.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 04:11 PM)

What exactly do you have against Florida? Cause you certainly underrated their football team like your doing with their basketball team right now.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 10:38 PM)
Okay.

Look at what I said: if UCLA has Afflalo making his shots, they're the best overall team in the country with their great defense, coaching, and decision making. However, if Florida can get their two perimeter players to make their shots for the next 2 games like they did over the last two games, then they'll win the national championship. You know that sometimes the best team doesn't win the national championship.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 10:59 PM)
But what if both happens?

Ok....say if UCLA plays Florida again, and Afflalo, Humphrey, and Green are all on fire. Like my post said, Florida will win it all if that's the case. Florida is the most talented team, but UCLA is the best overall team.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 05:58 PM)
Look at what I said: if UCLA has Afflalo making his shots, they're the best overall team in the country with their great defense, coaching, and decision making. However, if Florida can get their two perimeter players to make their shots for the next 2 games like they did over the last two games, then they'll win the national championship. You know that sometimes the best team doesn't win the national championship.

Florida has better big men as well. Mata is a good defender but there is nothing that leads me to believe he won't be in foul trouble.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 05:17 PM)
What exactly do you have against Florida? Cause you certainly underrated their football team like your doing with their basketball team right now.

Their football team was mediocre all year and escaped with victories in most of their games, then picked a great time to play out of their minds. The basketball team had the easiest bracket I've ever seen to get to the Final Four. I don't have anything against their teams as much as I do how effin lucky they are (last years hoops team not withstanding, they earned their keep).

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 03:09 AM)
Their football team was mediocre all year and escaped with victories in most of their games, then picked a great time to play out of their minds. The basketball team had the easiest bracket I've ever seen to get to the Final Four. I don't have anything against their teams as much as I do how effin lucky they are (last years hoops team not withstanding, they earned their keep).

Well maybe since they were the number 1 overall seed they got rewarded? Whats the big deal, you hate Florida, we get it.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 07:03 AM)
Well maybe since they were the number 1 overall seed they got rewarded? Whats the big deal, you hate Florida, we get it.

Well if they win this Final Four, I'll give my props, because these 4 teams are all great, great teams. And the only player I hate on Florida is Noah, he's an absolute prick. He's more annoying than any player I've ever even seen on Duke.