The South Bracket (San Antonio)

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 11:18 AM)
Oh I dont have the Big East beating any good teams. I just feel A&M and the Big 12 are vastly over rated. For Ville to get to the Elite 8m, they would only have to beat A&M and Memphis who might be the most over rated 2 and 3 seeds.

Additionally, Louisville has a virtual home game for the first two rounds. They play in Lexington, a little over an hour from home.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is that if A&M cant keep it close against a more athletic team that it wont matter what Law cna do in the last few minutes. Ive watched AM play numerous times this season and they have not beaten 1 good team outside of the Big 12. I believe they only have 1 OOC win against a tourney team in Winthrop.

Also 4-5 on the road, which is why I feel that if they get past the Ville game that they can make the Elite 8 because they will have basically home games, but I still feel that if ville had played in Big 12 that they would have easily been the 2 team in that conference.

QUOTE(Balance @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 10:29 AM)
Additionally, Louisville has a virtual home game for the first two rounds. They play in Lexington, a little over an hour from home.

A&M will have virtually the same thing in the 3rd round if they get to San Antonio.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 12:26 PM)
law isnt going to nearly have that much room with Conley guarding him. He will pick his pocket.

I never said A&M would beat Ohio St. I was just responding to the statement about A&M being an overrated 3 seed. I have OSU winning it all, but I still think Law would score plenty on Conley.

And now I'm stuck watching A&M battle Penn. Of the 4 games playing right now this one is by far the last one I want to watch. The other 3 have interest right now and I can't root for the underdog in this game because I have A&M in the elite 8. I hate living in Big 12 country.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 08:42 PM)
AM trying their best to make me look good.

We tried out best to tell everyone, didn't we? :D

I have them losing in the 2nd round in every bracket I've filled out. A&M has gotten a free pass with one good win the entire season. Of course after I post this, they will go on a tear into the Elite 8.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 04:03 PM)
I have them losing in the 2nd round in every bracket I've filled out. A&M has gotten a free pass with one good win the entire season. Of course after I post this, they will go on a tear into the Elite 8.

Which one of @Kansas and vs. Texas isn't a good win?

Well Oral Roberts won @ KU, and MSU beat Texas.

So Im not sure that either of them really on their own without winning 1 good OOC game tell me much. They also lost to a very poor LSU team...

I mean outside of Florida, KU does not really have any good wins. And Texas has no good wins outside of the Big 12 I believe.

So the real question is,

What has the Big 12 done this year to prove that any of their teams are going to be successful?

Hype is fun and all, but when your conference doesnt go out and beat other conferences its hard to believe that something is going to change drastically in the tourney.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 04:46 PM)
Well Oral Roberts won @ KU, and MSU beat Texas.

So Im not sure that either of them really on their own without winning 1 good OOC game tell me much. They also lost to a very poor LSU team...

I mean outside of Florida, KU does not really have any good wins. And Texas has no good wins outside of the Big 12 I believe.

So the real question is,

What has the Big 12 done this year to prove that any of their teams are going to be successful?

Hype is fun and all, but when your conference doesnt go out and beat other conferences its hard to believe that something is going to change drastically in the tourney.

Still bitter about Wisconsin losing out on that 1 seed to Kansas are we??

No I would rather play as a 2 seed in StL, than 1 seed in Cali versus UCLA.

So I dont think that Wisconsin lost the seed to KU at all, UCLA lost the 1 seed to KU. Wisconsin was never going to get one unless it beat OSU in the tournament, and then it would have taken OSU's 1.

Edited by Soxbadger

USC and BC were decent non-con wins for Kansas. Throw in the Florida game and their non-con resume is as good as Wisconsin's. Pitt is close to Florida for the sake of this argument. USC and BC are higher seeds than Marquette and Winthrop.

I'll give you Texas isn't that great, but they have gotten a lot better as the year has gone on. They were ofer against any decent team in non-con, but have improved leaps and bounds IMO since. I never said anything about Texas anyway. I just think A&M is good.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 01:36 PM)
They haven't showed any of the LBSU/Tenn game, but I assume they are using a hockey power play format for each team as they cross half court. 185 pts with 5 minutes left?

Ya, the score is just crazy. The ND game was a solid finish though.