The East Bracket (East Rutherford)

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 07:51 PM)
s*** Big 10 sucks, MSU shouldnt have been in the tourney?

Experts are a joke, DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Almost was going to go with MSU over UNC

It was only the first day...let's see how the tournament plays out before proclaiming a defensive-minded big ten team the champion...

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 11:29 AM)
I have a feeling all this big ten sucks talk is going to lose alot of brackets for people who picked against them. Few people remembered it was a down year for the ACC and the Big 12.

I'll be honest I don't think ANY conference was that great this year. The Pac 10 may be the only exception.

The SEC had Florida. Kentucky was down. Vanderbilt a nice team, but nothing special. Tennessee was up and down and Alabama really struggled late in the year. The SEC West was terrible.

The Big 12 had three solid teams at the top but not much else beyond that. The ACC wasn't as strong as usual. The Big East had several good teams, but a lot of really bad ones.

The best teams seemed to be spread out across the conferences this year more than any year I can remember.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 07:14 PM)
New Mexico state giving Texas a heck of a first half.

Texas has been doing that lately. They tend to turn it on in the 2nd half when not playing Kansas (when they do the opposite). I'm confident they will still win, but I do like NMSU.

Random hot streak beyond the arc happens all the time for them. They are a streaky offensive team and thats why their defense keeps them in games.

If anything the Badgers showed that if they need to score they can score 100 points in a game (2 halfs of 50 would equal 100). Just because they didnt try and up the tempo early and let the game get out of control shouldnt be a penalty.

Some horses are sprinters, some horses are stalkers. All that matters is the finish line.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 07:57 PM)
Random hot streak beyond the arc happens all the time for them. They are a streaky offensive team and thats why their defense keeps them in games.

If anything the Badgers showed that if they need to score they can score 100 points in a game (2 halfs of 50 would equal 100). Just because they didnt try and up the tempo early and let the game get out of control shouldnt be a penalty.

Some horses are sprinters, some horses are stalkers. All that matters is the finish line.

Oh for sure, I'm just saying the Big 10 trash talk is silly right now. The first round matchups were really good, I'm not surprised at 5-1, but I am surprised at how early people are talking s*** about said 5-1. Long way to go here.

I guess when in your brackets youve only missed 1 and 2 games respectively you start to feel comfortable in your assessment of the season.

Its not like I all of a sudden have been saying the Big 10 is the best conference, I was arguing when they had only 3 seeds in the bracketology.

I think that most of the teams wont go much farther, but that still doesnt mean that the Big 10 didnt validate itself as one of the premiere basketball leagues.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 17, 2007 -> 06:00 PM)
Best game of the tourney by far.

2OT now.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Mar 17, 2007 -> 06:01 PM)
Pitt/VCU trying to rival that, 67 all now.

Two amazing basketball games. VCU/Pitt going to OT.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Mar 18, 2007 -> 11:22 PM)
Heads, look what we got here, a little Kansas v. Iowa State 10 years later.

Floyd v. Deputy Dawg.

Those sure were the good ole days of the Big XII North. Hell, even Nebraska had a decent team back then.

Anyways, I like the Hoyas and Trojans out here.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)
I think USC pulls off the upset tonight and will face G-Town for the regional title. No idea why I think that, it goes against my bracket in regards to UNC being in the E8, but we'll see.

USC is only going to get better next year too.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 03:08 PM)
USC is only going to get better next year too.

Yeah they have Mayo, plus a couple decent other players coming in with Simmons and Washington, and they have a 5 star, top 10 player and 3 star top 150 player for 2008 on board. They lose Lodrick Stewart who is pretty good, but Mayo can more than replace him and they bring back just about all their other key guys like Pruitt, Gibson, Hackett, Young, and Lewis (and 3 of the 5 are only frosh). LA college hoops fans are in for a treat with those 2 programs out there.