NY Times calls for Attorney General's dismissal.

Rex Kickass

QUOTE(Damen @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 04:15 PM)
Who really thinks Gonzalez just 'forgot' all of these conversations, and the White House just 'forgot' to use the correct email system, and then, when they were notified of that, all those emails just mysteriously disappeared?

Kap does.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 08:24 PM)
Kap does.

No, I don't. I just don't think that this rises to the level that you all do in terms of him leaving office. Now, personally, Gonzo is basically neutered, and should be told to go away "at the pleasure of the president". The reason isn't for breaking any laws, but for being an inept jackass.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 04:32 PM)
No, I don't. I just don't think that this rises to the level that you all do in terms of him leaving office. Now, personally, Gonzo is basically neutered, and should be told to go away "at the pleasure of the president". The reason isn't for breaking any laws, but for being an inept jackass.

Was he more or less inept than the people who were fired?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:32 PM)

I agree that's the reason in this case. But I'm quite OK with the political mayhem in this case because so many things he did previous to this, which were much worse, are worth kicking him out of office anyway. Anything to get that guy out is a good thing.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 09:06 PM)
I'd say about the same, probably.

Under normal conditions I would be smelling political b.s., but with his own party taking shots, and not just for political spoils, I'm inclined to be more critical. And I repeat, the GOP is doing exactly what they should and what I would want the Dems to do if it was one of "their" appointees.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 09:06 PM)
I'd say about the same, probably.

The rare performance metrics that were undertaken to "fire the low performing attorney's" would disagree with that statement.

This was a political experiment that completely blew up in the Bush administration's face. It had nothing to do with performance, save one attorney whose performance was so bad they couldn't avoid firing him without completely contradicting their already weak rationale. There's no way around that at this point.