Reminder: Sign up early for MMOD

So, I gave this reminder last year and I think it was definately worth it. They broadcast either most or all of the games of the Tourney over the internet in the early rounds...but, at least last year, there was a pretty long line waiting to get in.

If you go to www.ncaasports.com/mmod however, you can sign up early to guarantee yourself "VIP Access", basically cutting the length of the line you get stuck in by an awful lot.

Do it early...last year there were only so many VIP slots.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 12:03 PM)
Anyone else having issues with it? I can't get the games to play. I get audio but no video (sans ads). Just a frozen screen.

It took me quite a while to get it working this morning. It wouldn't play on the new Internet explorer at all, no idea why. I got it to work on Firefox by re-installing an extension I removed a while back - media player connectivity - it allowed the games to start playing in an actual windows media player window. Seems to be working well so far, except for CBS having some audio troubles.

I'm getting nothing. My waiting room meter has remained non-functional for about 3 hours. I guess I'm missing an extension or something (I'm using Camino) but I was looking forward to enjoying some ball at work. Larry Bird doesn't do as much ball-handling in one night as I do in an hour.

gratuitous John Candy quotez 4-eva

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 12:16 PM)
I'm getting nothing. My waiting room meter has remained non-functional for about 3 hours. I guess I'm missing an extension or something (I'm using Camino) but I was looking forward to enjoying some ball at work. Larry Bird doesn't do as much ball-handling in one night as I do in an hour.

gratuitous John Candy quotez 4-eva

What browser are you using? IE was doing that for me...I could only get it to work on firefox.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 03:23 PM)
What browser are you using? IE was doing that for me...I could only get it to work on firefox.

I was using Camino, but I just switched to Safari and it works. Thanks. Camino kinda sucks; I got it because I love Firefox and it's Mozilla's more Mac-friendly version of Firefox.

Anyone know how to get it to show the new games? Mine is showing the Georgetown/Belmont game, but the only other game it is allowing me to watch is the WashSt/ORAL game. The other games still say 'preview' despite the fact that they're in the second half.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 04:08 PM)
2nd straight year I've done it same day, early on the wait isn't that long, and throughout the day it's nothing. This is great by them, they could easily charge for something like this

Took me about a half hour to get in this morning and that was with the VIP access. It opened up a lot more later in the day. And yes, this is ungodly sweet.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 12:03 PM)
Anyone else having issues with it? I can't get the games to play. I get audio but no video (sans ads). Just a frozen screen.

Works superior than mlb.tv for me. Albeit the quality of the picture isn't as good as mlb.tv.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 11:16 AM)
After I typed that it seemed to work itself out. Haven't really had problems since then.

Same here. I think I jinxed the problems by writing about them. Which means it'll commence crashing as soon as this posts.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 10:26 AM)
Works superior than mlb.tv for me. Albeit the quality of the picture isn't as good as mlb.tv.

And interestingly, it's actually MLB.tv technology that the NCAA is using to broadcast this thing. Look at the bottom of the video screen...there's an MLB logo.