Predict the FutureSox Top 25

Heads22

We've got our list. 25 guys. We've also include honorable mention guys, and names to just plain keep an eye on. We've even got the names of four DSL guys to keep an eye on. Here are the names in alphabetical order. The DSL guys will probably be easy. Not everyone will make the honorable mention cut. So take a shot. The FutureSox guys are the only ones with the official list, and they aren't allowed to guess. :P

Lance Broadway

Ricky Brooks

Charlis Burdie

Chris Carter

Justin Cassel

Tom Collaro

Aaron Cunningham

John Danks

Dewon Day

Justin Edwards

Anderson Gomes

Gio Gonzalez

Jack Egbert

Josh Fields

Charlie Haeger

Lucas Harrell

Francisco Hernandez

Ray Liotta

Boone Logan

Matt Long

Pedro Lopez

Donny Lucy

John Lujan

Migeul Luna

Nick Masset

Kyle McCulloch

Gustavo Molina

Ricardo Nanita

Brian Omogrosso

Paulo Orlando

Jerry Owens

Oneli Perez

Heath Phillips

Jacob Rasner

Clayton Richard

Derek Rodriguez

Casey Rogowski

Frank Rosario

Adam Russell

John Shelby

Ryan Sweeney

Kanekoa Texeira

Sean Tracey

Robert Valido

Hancer Vargas

Carlos Vasquez

Wes Whisler

Alex Woodson

There's your bank of players. After you guess the four really easy DSL guys, start listing off your own Top whatever.

I threw this together really quick, and I must admit, I am not happy with the overall outcome.

1. John Danks

2. Ryan Sweeney

3. Josh Fields

4. Giovany Gonzalez

5. Lance Broadway

6. Adam Russel

7. Kyle McCulloch

8. Aaron Cunningham

9. Chris Carter

10. Heath Phillips

11. Casey Rogowski

12. Robert Valido

13. Anderson Gomes

14. Oneli Perez

15. Sean Tracey

16. Jerry Owens

17. Dewon Day

18. John Shelby

19. Kanekoa Texeira

20. Paulo Orlando

21. Ray Liotta

22. Wesly Whisler

23. Matt Long

24. Pedro Lopez

25. John Lujan

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 06:15 PM)
I threw this together really quick, and I must admit, I am not happy with the overall outcome.

1. John Danks

2. Ryan Sweeney

3. Josh Fields

4. Giovany Gonzalez

5. Lance Broadway

6. Adam Russel

7. Kyle McCulloch

8. Aaron Cunningham

9. Chris Carter

10. Heath Phillips

11. Casey Rogowski

12. Robert Valido

13. Anderson Gomes

14. Oneli Perez

15. Sean Tracey

16. Jerry Owens

17. Dewon Day

18. John Shelby

19. Kanekoa Texeira

20. Paulo Orlando

21. Ray Liotta

22. Wesly Whisler

23. Matt Long

24. Pedro Lopez

25. John Lujan

BTW, you got three guys the same as us. :)

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 08:31 PM)
BTW, you got three guys the same as us. :)

When will you be posting the list? I know, that was a horrible list by me... I kinda like my top 10 though.

For the rest I kinda just threw names out there not putting much thought into it.

The only question I have is why Dewon Day is on that list? There's other guys who could have been in instead of him. I feel he is alittle too old to be considered a spect at 26 yrs. (going on 27 this year)

The same could be said about Rogo even though I don't mind him being on though.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 09:53 PM)
The only question I have is why Dewon Day is on that list? There's other guys who could have been in instead of him. I feel he is alittle too old to be considered a spect at 26 yrs. (going on 27 this year)

Dewon Day seems to be a late bloomer and the org. is very high on him. Rogo has just been burried by the depth chart these past couple of years, can't fault him for that.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 07:53 PM)

I'll say this..Day does make the top 25 and if you want to blame anyone for him being on there I'd be the one to blame. But from the people I've talked to and from what I've seen the org thinks pretty highly of Day (for a prospect thats 26, so I'm not saying he's a guaranteed star or even a guaranteed major leaguer) but you just can't teach the juice he's got on the heater and he's really made strides with his delivery and tempo as of late.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 10:41 PM)
I'll say this..Day does make the top 25 and if you want to blame anyone for him being on there I'd be the one to blame. But from the people I've talked to and from what I've seen the org thinks pretty highly of Day (for a prospect thats 26, so I'm not saying he's a guaranteed star or even a guaranteed major leaguer) but you just can't teach the juice he's got on the heater and he's really made strides with his delivery and tempo as of late.

Great, you f***ed up that surprise. :P

Check your inbox, my writeups are in.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 10:41 PM)

Just call me Kobe for now on because I nailed that shot! :lol:

I am sorry, that was horrible.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 10:07 PM)
This Alex Woodson guy best have the best pure stuff Ive ever seen for all the talk ive heard about him and lack of performance, he had like 1 really good start to begin the season if I remember right and rest of the time was meh.

This is why I could never accurately predict our Top 25 prospects. There may be a handful of interesting pitchers low in the system, but until they reach A ball -- and begin pitching/hitting well -- their names are hardly mentioned. I honestly had no idea who Daniel Cortes was before Williams included him in the MacDougal deal last season. This Alex Woodson character is news to me, as well. Several months ago I browsed over the statistics of various pitchers in Rookie/Low A/A, but nothing really stood out as to make me say OMGrosso.

From those who have seen him, does Woodson actually project as a starter? It appears the organization converted him from the bullpen as recent as two seasons ago. I'd have to imagine he begins in A/A+, logs ~80 innings, and perhaps is promoted to AA for the remainder of the season if all goes well.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 11:32 PM)
Woodson was news to Dan and I last year.

Did Dan just happen to watch him throw, or did someone within the White Sox organizaiton suggest this kid has a real good arm?

Edited by Flash Tizzle