Rowand on The Score

fathom

Did anyone else hear Rowand's interview around 8:15 with Mike North. After hearing the interview, I'm anticipating him being on the Sox any second now. Rowand had a couple of "no comments" when asked about what KW has told him about coming back to the Sox, etc. Also, Rowand seemed very disgruntled about his situation in Philadelphia.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 08:45 AM)
Did anyone else hear Rowand's interview around 8:15 with Mike North. After hearing the interview, I'm anticipating him being on the Sox any second now. Rowand had a couple of "no comments" when asked about what KW has told him about coming back to the Sox, etc. Also, Rowand seemed very disgruntled about his situation in Philadelphia.

I am sure he isn't happy there. The guy wants to play, and getting benched is not going to help that.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 08:45 AM)

Fathom, please elaborate. I was reading this post and looked to the left, expecting a total of about 10 posts from some newb, then saw it was you...

Wouldn't Rowand not elaborate no matter what? Players aren't supposed to talk about that kind of s***. I would just think this would be a hell of a weird thing to do when BA is hitting so well (finally), it just seems like it would be a weird move.

I just want to know why you are so convinced, I need more Fathom, I crave... more!

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 02:05 PM)
Fathom, please elaborate. I was reading this post and looked to the left, expecting a total of about 10 posts from some newb, then saw it was you...

Wouldn't Rowand not elaborate no matter what? Players aren't supposed to talk about that kind of s***. I would just think this would be a hell of a weird thing to do when BA is hitting so well (finally), it just seems like it would be a weird move.

I just want to know why you are so convinced, I need more Fathom, I crave... more!

Mike North asked Rowand if KW has ever told him about any plans to bring him back to the club, and Rowand said that he can't comment on that at this time. If you listened to the whole interview, Rowand gave off the vibe that he's not going to be with the Phillies for much longer. And the whole "why would we need him instead of Anderson question" can be answered by this: KW, Ozzie, and the whole organization love Aaron Rowand. Brian Anderson....not so much.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 09:27 AM)
This would make little sense to me. Another mediocre outfielder? Why?

At least he has proven himself to be mediocre. He is better than any other backup we have in CF defensively. Its a small upgrade that is worth a small price.

QUOTE(max power @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 09:29 AM)
At least he has proven himself to be mediocre. He is better than any other backup we have in CF defensively. Its a small upgrade that is worth a small price.

We know his ceiling and it isn't very high.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 02:26 PM)
Can we trade him for Pods and Heath Phillips, and then platoon Rowand in LF with Mackowiak?

I like both Phillips and Pods. I wouldnt mind an outfield of Pods, Rowand and Dye again with Erstad in there until Pods gets healthy.

Im not a big fan of Mackowiak. I hope he gets traded.

I'm fine with Arow coming back - w/ Anderson we don't really know what we're gonna get and he's nowhere NEAR the clubhouse presence that Rowand is. You know how excited Joe and AJ would be if he came back? Three stooges reunited. I'm just saying that it would help this clubhouse out quite a bit. Get the rookie no one likes outta there (or at least a smaller role) and bring back the guy everyone loves and who's a spark plug. why not?

My thoughts are there is a Rowand/Erstad platoon for left until Pods comes back and then an evaluation of Anderson in center. The recovery of Pods has seemed to be going well but what if it is not.

Seeing that they are 4-11 does anyone think they (Guillen and KW are not seeing something)....you know......the intangible/chemistry thing???????

I usually don't like Rownad talk as I think he is very overrated but I think getting him back may be a positive. Luis Terraro hit one out of TEP yesterday by the way.

If you get him for a PTBNL go for it.

I know many of us have come to like Rob Mackowiak and his style of play. In fact, I was pulling for the Sox to acquire the Oak Lawn native since the 2004 trade deadline. However, I would have to guess Mackowiak would be on the move.

Raising the question: if Rowand can be had for some reasonable minor league talent (excluding even Boone Logan if you wish), would you all be fine with essentially swapping Mackowiak's spot on the roster with Aaron Rowand? I ask, because I feel that is the situation we are looking at.

And, for the record (something I don't believe I ever posted), a family member of mine who was quite close with Aaron during his time here said Aaron told him that when he was moved, Williams said he was going to make significant attempts to get him back in a White Sox jersey as soon as possible. Now, this could be a bit of the coach/GM-speak; I'm not sure that they don't say this to everyone. But, it is just something else to think about.

Where there's smoke, there is usually fire.

QUOTE(IowaSoxFan @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 02:45 PM)
Bottom line, you dont make a trade for a platoon player right . We have plenty of platooners. The only way that we should make this deal is if we are moving Rowand on for something else or he is going to be the starter.

I disagree. With the tough LHP in our division, you need every last bit of offense you can get against them. Rowand's a pretty solid hitter against LHP, and I would actually state I'd rather see him batting against the likes of C.C. and Santana than I would Brian Anderson. Of course, the two guys I'd most want to see face the tough lefties are Ozuna and Eduardo Perez.