Sox @ Rangers, March 13

Heads22

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 03:34 PM)
Or maybe that was the deal, give it or take it. Maybe that was the best deal they could get for Garcia from ANYONE? It's entirely possible with the one year left on the contract and drop in velocity last year.

During the Best/Worst offseason moves on Fox Sports, Rosenthal mentioned how Philadelphia executives were surprised our asking price for Garcia was so low. Consider what Colorado received for Jason Jennings and compare it to our return for Garcia. The discrepancy between the pitchers isn't enough to justify the difference.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 04:49 PM)
So everyone does realize that Mack is playing LF today right? LOL

Thats changed then from the info we received.. In the original game day, and the original lineups they had Erstad playing LF, Terrero in RF, and Mack in CF.

Thats more like it then.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 02:51 PM)
Thats changed then from the info we received.. In the original game day, and the original lineups they had Erstad playing LF, Terrero in RF, and Mack in CF.

Thats more like it then.

Climbing back up onto the bridge after jumping off....

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 03:51 PM)

Thats more like it then.

Haha. I didn't know one way or the other. It was funny as hell reading this thread tho as I just got in. But Erstad is listed as the CF.

Not that it would matter either way. It's spring f***in training

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 04:51 PM)

Thats more like it then.

I'd take Heads' word over most posters anyday.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 04:53 PM)
But Erstad is listed as the CF.

Well, there you go then. :) Prove him wrong! :lol:

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 03:53 PM)
I'd take Heads' word over most posters anyday.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/boxscore.jsp?gid=2...chamlb_texmlb_1

It's not my word. It's mlb.com's word. I just pass along what I see.

And Mack threw someone out at home. Doubt that would happen from CF

Edited by jphat007

MLB.com had it listed differently originally, but I'm flatterd, Ace. :D

QUOTE(quickman @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 04:56 PM)
hey all you overreactive types, a friend of mine is at the game, he says it's Mack in LF and Erstad in CF, and please all you overreactive types, check the box score, it's been corrected, thank you.

Also all our prospects suck

We should trade for some then.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 03:55 PM)
Next time out Danks needs to start a game. Preferably on the road, against a good hitting team.

Its the best formula to get the best competition from the opposition.

What has happened now is exactly the type of crap we need to avoid. Just looking at the boxscore -- Botts replaced Sosa, Gold - Wilkerson, Guzman - Lofton, Vazquez - Young.

How the hell are we supposed to judge him fairly?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 03:57 PM)
MLB.com had it listed differently originally, but I'm flatterd, Ace. :D

We should trade for some then.

we can't even do that right, see Gavin Floyd. he blows, and will end up as Heath Phillips one day.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 05:04 PM)
Danks has thrown 2IP 1BB 3SO, but unfortunately like everyone else in Arizona, ST numbers don't mean anything, whether good or bad

You have 2 players competing for one position. What exactly do you use to compare them then.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 04:03 PM)
What has happened now is exactly the type of crap we need to avoid. Just looking at the boxscore -- Botts replaced Sosa, Gold - Wilkerson, Guzman - Lofton, Vazquez - Young.

How the hell are we supposed to judge him fairly?

By the pitches he throws. By how he attacks the strike zone. By how he goes about it mentally. The coaches understand what to look for.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 04:04 PM)
Danks has thrown 2IP 1BB 3SO, but unfortunately like everyone else in Arizona, ST numbers don't mean anything, whether good or bad

So in your mind, how exactly do we determine the 5th starter? Will Floyd still be in the rotation with a 15.00 ERA come April if the scouts are satisfied with his arm angle?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 05:05 PM)
By the pitches he throws. By how he attacks the strike zone. By how he goes about it mentally. The coaches understand what to look for.

So if one guy attacks the strikezone and gets out without getting rocked and the numbers show it, compared to a guy who attacks the strikezone and give us doubles and runs.